Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help, unmarried parents

help, unmarried parents

Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:37 am
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help, unmarried parents

Me, my fiancee and our daughter are hoping to emmigrate on a skilled indepent visa, forms filled in, documents certified etc but we are just wondering what proof do they need of our relationship. We have a 2.5 year old daughter, a house together, i pick up his wet towels, wash his socks blah blah. We have got photos and videos of us together is that the sort of thing. we also have a joint bank account do they want bank statements and things like that too?

any help greatly appreciated.

jules
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Poppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nicePoppy is just really nice
Default Re: help, unmarried parents

Hi Julie

My agent told me (we are not married, but have 3 children, oldest is nearly 8) that we should get mortgage statements, bank statement, anything you can think of, you could get a statutory declaration from a friend to say how long you have been together and how happy you are, any old photos with a date stamp on? We haven't sent anything, because the fact that we have 3 and the oldest one is nearly 8, we thought that would be enough, but I think they may ask for more proof - eeek! so we will have to do the same - we are now at medical requet stage, but our agent said they have sent a letter asking for more details which I am waiting to receive!

If the letter is gives a clear idea, I will let you know.

Anyway, good luck.
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:38 am
Just Joined

jenozyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Default proof of relationship for couples

I am in the process of getting a spouse visa as my husband is an Aussie. Even though we have been married over 2 years with 2 kids they still want all the following proof of the relationship:
Joint bank accounts
Pictures together
Written statements by each couple and 2 people that know u
Letters or bills showing address is same
Nightmare or what.

Jen
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:47 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: help, unmarried parents

Originally posted by Julie Martin
Me, my fiancee and our daughter are hoping to emmigrate on a skilled indepent visa, forms filled in, documents certified etc but we are just wondering what proof do they need of our relationship. We have a 2.5 year old daughter, a house together, i pick up his wet towels, wash his socks blah blah. We have got photos and videos of us together is that the sort of thing. we also have a joint bank account do they want bank statements and things like that too?

any help greatly appreciated.

jules
Hi Jules,

All you need to know is right here:
Attached Files
File Type: doc
de facto 2.doc (33.5 KB, 83 views)