Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help With Tra Please

Help With Tra Please

Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold
Default Help With Tra Please

I have just been turned down by the TRA for not providing enough information can any one give some advice on what they sent on there successful application, I am a Painter and Decorator by trade and have been working for 25 years

regards

John
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:31 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help With Tra Please

Originally Posted by JOHN G BLOOM
I have just been turned down by the TRA for not providing enough information can any one give some advice on what they sent on there successful application, I am a Painter and Decorator by trade and have been working for 25 years

regards

John
If you followed the TRA form your self and failed then maybe you need an agent to look at and tell you where you went wrong. I was lucky as already had a licence for my trade as i have worked in Aus b4 . This helped me loads I'm sure
Good luck.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:38 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

John, you have to send everything you have concerned with your trade. Any school/college/uni certificates, references from past/present clients, references from any companys you have worked for.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:40 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

You also need to write out a complete idiots guide to every detail that you physically do. Also an entire list of every tool, paintbrush, turps, whatever that you have ever used. Are you self employed? You can show reference letters from suppliers, pictures of your van that kind of thing. Good luck.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:42 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

Also any pictures of the work you have actually done - anything and I mean anything to do with your trade is essential!!! Good luck mate
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:46 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

regards

John

As said before I would use an agent!! We sent ours to our agent about 4 times thinking we had included everything and they still asked for more!!! We would never of got through without them!! It isnt as expensive as you think it is, think we paid about £1500 in total for the help, and we got ours back last week as a yes!!

We both felt that we had just repeated ourselves over and over, but that is obviously what they wanted!!

Good luck anyway!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 5:54 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

regards

John
Hi John
Are you self-employed or a sole trader if so I can give you some pointers, as you have to send different extra stuff to them.
Carole
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

JOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to beholdJOHN G BLOOM is a splendid one to behold

[Hi
Thanks for replying I am self employed and I am a partner in a 3 man firm

John
Old Oct 6th 2005, 9:37 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

[Hi
Thanks for replying I am self employed and I am a partner in a 3 man firm

John
Hi John
Hubby is self employed and our agent asked for the following, it worked as we had our TRA pass in under 6 weeks.

Any qualifications or certificates
Reference from company hubby trained with
Statutory Declaration re self employment
Letter from accountant and copy of 6 yrs profit/loss sheets
Letter from Inland Revenue re self employed and copies of 6 yrs calculations
Letters from clients (that hubby sub contracts to/for)
Letters from suppliers
Copy of public liability insurance
Copy of any advertising (eg yellow pages)
A list in four parts of the things you have used in your trade
1. machines, equipment and hand tools (types not makes), right down to screwdrivers, lots of detail
2. measuring instruments of any kind (incl tape measures etc)
3. materials used in the course of your work
4. diagrams, plans, printed instructions

Hope this helps, any questions I'll try to help
Good Luck
carole
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Hi John
Hubby is self employed and our agent asked for the following, it worked as we had our TRA pass in under 6 weeks.

Any qualifications or certificates
Reference from company hubby trained with
Statutory Declaration re self employment
Letter from accountant and copy of 6 yrs profit/loss sheets
Letter from Inland Revenue re self employed and copies of 6 yrs calculations
Letters from clients (that hubby sub contracts to/for)
Letters from suppliers
Copy of public liability insurance
Copy of any advertising (eg yellow pages)
A list in four parts of the things you have used in your trade
1. machines, equipment and hand tools (types not makes), right down to screwdrivers, lots of detail
2. measuring instruments of any kind (incl tape measures etc)
3. materials used in the course of your work
4. diagrams, plans, printed instructions

Hope this helps, any questions I'll try to help
Good Luck
carole
Thanks everyone for replying its been a help, I will get on with redoing my application. Keep everything crossed for me !!