Reload this Page >

Help for Temporary accommodation in Sydney

Help for Temporary accommodation in Sydney

Old Aug 17th 2002, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

jasmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for Temporary accommodation in Sydney

Hello all
Well we have been all over the Country in our plans and the last thing we expected was for other half to be offered a job in Sydney. We think its too good an offer to miss and are fairly flexible anyways so October 5th we head off for Sydney.
The only problem is none of my research has been in that vein at all.
Can anyone suggest any fairly pleasant temporary accommodation, we will need furnished and for about 6 weeks till we find our feet.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Also if anywhere can suggest nice Sydney suberbs that would be great too.
I don;t know if any of you remember my toilet seat thread, see how much more serious I have become as the weeks tick by!!
Cheers xx
Old Aug 17th 2002, 3:03 pm
Kieron Shorrock

Default Re: Help for Temporary accommodation in Sydney

Hi

goto http://www.citysearch.com.au, enter
accomodation and select sydney and press do. Then select the Accomodation type you
want. Apartments is whats your after. You will then be given a list of apartments
/ Hotel Apartments that may do for 6 weeks.

KS

"jasmin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all Well we have been all over the Country in our plans and the last thing we
    > expected was for other half to be offered a job in Sydney. We think its too good
    > an offer to miss and are fairly flexible anyways so October 5th we head off for
    > Sydney. The only problem is none of my research has been in that vein at all. Can
    > anyone suggest any fairly pleasant temporary accommodation, we will need furnished
    > and for about 6 weeks till we find our feet. Any help would be gratefully received.
    > Also if anywhere can suggest nice Sydney suberbs that would be great too. I don;t
    > know if any of you remember my toilet seat thread, see how much more serious I have
    > become as the weeks tick by!! Cheers xx
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:20 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS on the job offer - do you know where the other half will be working - might be easier to suggest locations in relation to work - the site mentioned above is very good, but if cost and transport are important? What about kids/schools etc. There are a few of us on the site here in Sydney and you might get more informative responses based on your requirements - Money was an issue for me and although there are some super places we stayed at Hornsby Serviced apartments. We were charged $100 a night and we stayed for six weeks. It might be more expensive now as that was winter time here May and June. Two bed for the four of us but two bath and enough stuff included that we didn't have to shop for anything bar food. Very short walk to train - to get me to work! Large shopping centre for hubby to browse. Excellent start to get ourselves about - then we bought a car after one week. We really needed it. I now rent in St Ives till February but very unlikely we will stay around here because of the cost of houses. We chose St Ives to get the kids into specific schools so our requirements might not be yours. That is also why we chose Hornsby apts to start cause of the location to the schools. Son started a week after we got here!

PS have you packed the toilet seats yet? That thread gave me a great lift at the time
Good luck
Old Aug 19th 2002, 12:24 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Jasmin - should have bothered to read your profile about kids etc - if Money is not an issue I would recommend you stay in one of the more central places and travel out to see different parts of Sydney that way you can be more informed. We have been here 3.5 months and we don't travel enough to other parts of the city because we have been locked into childrens requirements. Have fun
Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Sandgroper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jasmin:
Hello all
Well we have been all over the Country in our plans and the last thing we expected was for other half to be offered a job in Sydney. We think its too good an offer to miss and are fairly flexible anyways so October 5th we head off for Sydney.
The only problem is none of my research has been in that vein at all.
Can anyone suggest any fairly pleasant temporary accommodation, we will need furnished and for about 6 weeks till we find our feet.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Also if anywhere can suggest nice Sydney suberbs that would be great too.
I don;t know if any of you remember my toilet seat thread, see how much more serious I have become as the weeks tick by!!
Cheers xx
We booked into a not very nice but cheap hostel for our first week. Then we moved into a share house. We found it in the Sydney Morning Herald. Most people only require a miniumum stay of 1 month. Now we can sus out Sydney while not paying expensive Hostel / hotel costs. We really like our house and may end up staying put.