Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Tell Merlot where to get off . . . the plane that is??
NSW?
14.08%
VIC?
25.35%
QLD?
29.58%
SA?
2.82%
WA?
14.08%
TAS?
1.41%
NT?
2.82%
Stay in England??????
9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

Originally Posted by Merlot
OK, going round in circles again, back to Oz sometime in 2006

To those who have moved and settled in Oz your choices please.

Initially back to live with MIL in Sussex Inlet, South NSW but after then where would a mid 30's couple, one cat, no kids be best suited . . . back to Sydney?? Or another place & state entirely????

PLEASE give me your hard sell as we have no idea????

M
I could tell you where to go, but you might not like it If, however you want to know where to go in Australia I would like to suggest the best place of all - Victoria!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:23 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hels
I voted Vic, but I dont mean Melbourne!!

I am trying to recruit more Expats to Bendigo so I can go to a meet thats only a few minutes from my house for a change!!

Actually, all joking aside Bendigo is a great City. The only thing its missing is its own beach. It has great nightlife, restaurants, cheaper housing, museums & art gallaries, goldrush history, the weather is dryer than Melbourne but its still only 1 1/2 hours from Melbourne CBD.

I think everyone should move here!!
I voted for Victoria too - anywhere between Mebourne and Bendigo would be fine

Do agree with Hels - Bendigo is really nice from what I've seen when I've gone up there to see her..
Melbourne is great too though..

Cas
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:46 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
I'd go for NT. Just because then you'd be original (never, ever seen another user on here say that's where they're heading!) ... an' it's sommat a bit different, like.

a regular poster from last year went up to NT - Darwin to be exact - cant remember his username though.......Shall have to ask Bundy, she knew him.

he posted a few times, then havent seen him for months.....must be having fun!!!!

Pollyana, can you remember who i mean??

sue
Old Jun 8th 2005, 9:50 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

he posted a few times, then havent seen him for months.....must be having fun!!!!

sue
either that or he got eaten by crocs
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Twas none other than our Loose.
How could you fotget him Sue.

But he has done a bunk so I am votng to send Merlot up there on The Quest of the Lost Loose.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 3:48 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Twas none other than our Loose.
How could you fotget him Sue.

But he has done a bunk so I am votng to send Merlot up there on The Quest of the Lost Loose.
ah yes, Loose......wonder how he's getting on? wasnt his girlfriend called Kylie, or she struck a close resemblance to ms minogue?

good memory Bix........I have trouble remembering my own name half the time!

sue
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:09 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Wink Re: HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

OK, going round in circles again, back to Oz sometime in 2006

To those who have moved and settled in Oz your choices please.

Initially back to live with MIL in Sussex Inlet, South NSW but after then where would a mid 30's couple, one cat, no kids be best suited . . . back to Sydney?? Or another place & state entirely????

PLEASE give me your hard sell as we have no idea????

M

I voted "Stay in England"! If I'm stuck here (albeit, for the time being only), why shouldn't you be?!!

Seriously though, wishing you well in God's country, my Queensland.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:22 am
Merlot

My friend lived in Darwin for 18 months with her husband in the Aus Airforce, now in the US, she HATED it! And she is born and bred Aussie.

My head is racing with it all I have to say, the way it will probably go is we will get off the plane, rest up at MIL for a week then we will say right, we are off to . . . .

Thanks for the replies.

M

Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:22 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by ProofReader

I voted "Stay in England"! If I'm stuck here (albeit, for the time being only), why shouldn't you be?!!

Seriously though, wishing you well in God's country, my Queensland.

Smuggle you in my suitcase?

M

Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:37 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Go to Sydney, we have enough nutters in Melbourne.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:38 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bordy
Go to Sydney, we have enough nutters in Melbourne.
You can always use two more and a small cat!

M

Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:46 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

You can always use two more and a small cat!

M
I wouldn't swap Melbourne for Sydney if you paid me. Love going up for a long weekend but always nice to come back home. Always seems so layed back after Sydney.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 6:49 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Bordy
I wouldn't swap Melbourne for Sydney if you paid me. Love going up for a long weekend but always nice to come back home. Always seems so layed back after Sydney.
That is great to hear, as I have said before I would love to give Victoria a go . . . Melbourne is a natural choice but about to get in touch with Hels about Bendigo.

Any other options for settling and working in Vic?

M

Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:55 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

I voted QLD as it would be great to meet you finally....

Good luck with whatever you decide

Ang
Old Jun 9th 2005, 7:58 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
I voted QLD as it would be great to meet you finally....

Good luck with whatever you decide

Ang
I have decided to make myself a full time Expat Meet stalker, then I get to see lots of new places.

QLD seems to be stomping ahead!

M