Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

View Poll Results: Tell Merlot where to get off . . . the plane that is??
NSW?
14.08%
VIC?
25.35%
QLD?
29.58%
SA?
2.82%
WA?
14.08%
TAS?
1.41%
NT?
2.82%
Stay in England??????
9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:36 pm
Merlot

Default HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

OK, going round in circles again, back to Oz sometime in 2006

To those who have moved and settled in Oz your choices please.

Initially back to live with MIL in Sussex Inlet, South NSW but after then where would a mid 30's couple, one cat, no kids be best suited . . . back to Sydney?? Or another place & state entirely????

PLEASE give me your hard sell as we have no idea????

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:43 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

i voted sydney. no hard sell, but would be nice to meet you.we will be there early 2006 also

Louise
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:50 pm
Merlot

Talking Re: HELP!!!! Tell Merlot where to go?????

Originally Posted by louise4
i voted sydney. no hard sell, but would be nice to meet you.we will be there early 2006 also

Louise
Can't help feel we will be back there, for first year at least as we know it well.

I would love to give Melbourne a go, hubby is not keen, doesn't like change to much.

Would be lovely to meet up, I want to meet some of the other nutcases on this site (not calling you a nut of course ), good old Soapy and the Sydney expats

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:50 pm
days go by n i wonder why

xxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to all

Hey there Merlot

I voted Victoria (Melbourne) because it is cosmopolitan, very hip and I feel has an enormous amount to offer. Incidentally, we have two kids, but I still feel that had we not had any kids we would have wanted to come to victoria to explore all that it has to offer - grand prix, tennis, commonwealth games, loads of culture, markets, not to mention during winter you can ski only two hours out of melbourne. It truly has everything!!!

I probably should add that I don't live there yet but have visited and that is where we hope to be in Jan/Feb 2006!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:52 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by xxxCoolJessxxx
Hey there Merlot

I voted Victoria (Melbourne) because it is cosmopolitan, very hip and I feel has an enormous amount to offer. Incidentally, we have two kids, but I still feel that had we not had any kids we would have wanted to come to victoria to explore all that it has to offer - grand prix, tennis, commonwealth games, loads of culture, markets, not to mention during winter you can ski only two hours out of melbourne. It truly has everything!!!

I probably should add that I don't live there yet but have visited and that is where we hope to be in Jan/Feb 2006!
I think I will do Melbourne and leave other half to do Sydney . . now that is compromise!!! I fancy a try of Melbourne for similar reasons to you.

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
OK, going round in circles again, back to Oz sometime in 2006

To those who have moved and settled in Oz your choices please.

Initially back to live with MIL in Sussex Inlet, South NSW but after then where would a mid 30's couple, one cat, no kids be best suited . . . back to Sydney?? Or another place & state entirely????

PLEASE give me your hard sell as we have no idea????

M
If you have no children, become a "grey nomad". Get yourself a caravan or campervan and start bubbling around Australia.

You would see almost the lot.

Then you could start another thread with a rivetting Title, "Is it best to travel around Australia clockwise or anti-clockwise"
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:01 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Sydney - same reason as Louise4. I don't mind if you call me a nutcase

btw you avatar and line above it suggest that is where you want to be
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:02 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by walaj
Sydney - same reason as Louise4. I don't mind if you call me a nutcase

btw you avatar and line above it suggest that is where you want to be
For some reason Sydney seems to be the natural choice to start off again, but anything can happen in the next half hour as they say

From another nutcase
M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:00 pm
Merlot

About to go to peeps and see Queensland stomping away . . .

Old Jun 8th 2005, 10:23 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go for NT. Just because then you'd be original (never, ever seen another user on here say that's where they're heading!) ... an' it's sommat a bit different, like.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:25 pm
ABCDiamond

I've just put my vote in, and of course it had to be QLD

But then, even if it was QLD, you'd then have to decide which part

Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you want from life. If career is important to you that'll play a big part in where you can live but if you are happy to go anywhere and do anything then go wild. I have never had so much fun as the time I spent in Country New South Wales. I love the bits of Oz outside the cities (I love the cities too but in my mind a city is a city, you can cross the world pretty much without breaking stride) What an exciting thought that you can go absolutely anywhere.
If all good advice fails just pick somewhere with a funny name. How about Wagga Wagga!!?!? (Actually I've been there and it's great!)
Old Jun 8th 2005, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

sackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Merlot
I fancy a try of Melbourne for similar reasons to you.
Melbourne would be my top choice. Property prices in Sydney are some of the most overpriced in the world. The humidity in Sydney started to annoy me after a few years and so I'd appreciate Melbourne's weather. Melbourne seems to have similar economic opportunities without the corresponding property prices.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't live in Sydney Metro area did you? I thought you were on the Central Coast.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by xxxCoolJessxxx
Hey there Merlot

Melbourne has all those things, and more. Come and enjoy the most liveable City in the world
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:53 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I voted Vic, but I dont mean Melbourne!!

I am trying to recruit more Expats to Bendigo so I can go to a meet thats only a few minutes from my house for a change!!

Actually, all joking aside Bendigo is a great City. The only thing its missing is its own beach. It has great nightlife, restaurants, cheaper housing, museums & art gallaries, goldrush history, the weather is dryer than Melbourne but its still only 1 1/2 hours from Melbourne CBD.

I think everyone should move here!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.