Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:01 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of
Default HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

Has anyone been as unfortunate as us??

We have our flights booked for 21st June - House Sold - Dog booked into her "hotel" in Sydney and we have had our passports stolen from our safe!

The thieves actually took the whole safe!

Does anyone know what we do now? We will be getting new passports, do we have to go to Australia house or is there something else. Anyone know how long this will take? String and piece of should not be in the reply please - we are desparately down.

Please any posts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jodie n' Mark
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

What a bummer! At least you DO have time to sort it out though. All I have is an opinion rather than any experience, but personally I would contact Australia house immediately (assuming that's where your visas were issued) and tell them what has happened. Get a copy of the police report and any insurance claim to back you up if necessary. Hopefully it will be a case of them cancelling the issued visas and re-issuing them once you have your new passports. PITA but I can't see that it would be a major problem.
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
Have to agree with ross, pay extra to get your new passport as quickly as possible meatime phone Aus house let them know what's happening then when you get your passports back send them pronto but i would agree you have time to sort this i know it is easy for all of us expats over here to say but try not to worry you do have time to sort it
my wife packed our passports in with our goods and was picked up by the packers two weeks before and when we found out we were feeling just how you are so please try not to worry
let us all know what happens

Billy
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:52 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

can't believe it

Let us know how you get on

Love, Sally xx
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:02 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Cheers guys thanks for everyones information. Feel a lot better

Our agent emailed us today, to say we should be fine but its scary when you are here (in Spain) and have no friends to talk to!!

Thank god for the internet....

I will let you all know how we get on - looks like a trip to Peterborough is the first place start when we get back. Damn shame they also stole the Tom Tom!

One piece of advise we´ve learned don´t hide things in the safe - apparantly the freezer is a good place for cash!

Love Jodie n' Mark
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

safe!? Arent they usually welded into walls or something? We dont have a safe we are just really messy. They wouldnt know where to start. They probably have some record that theyve issued it and can quickly redo.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

What a nightmare. I really hope you can get it sorted out.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:07 am
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jodie

Cant beleive it, what bad luck, you wait all this time then someone has to ruin it. Hope you get sorted soon.

Glad to hear you have booked you flights.

Mel 'n' Steve
Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Loiner
safe!? Arent they usually welded into walls or something? We dont have a safe we are just really messy. They wouldnt know where to start. They probably have some record that theyve issued it and can quickly redo.
Jo said they they ripped it out of the floor!!!I spoke to her last night and she seemed a little calmer.She's contacting Australia house today.
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:06 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SalSa
can't believe it

Let us know how you get on

Love, Sally xx
I see you are from Secret Harbour.

How do you like living there?
How do you find the schools?

We are moving out after the summer, we have two kids Greg 6 and Beth 3.

We did a reccie at christmas time and loved it.

Hubby works offshore and I'm a stay at home mum for the moment but do some relief work when he is home in a doctors surgery.

As we have no one to watch the kids and I would not pay the childcare!

Do you have meet ups in Secret Harbour?
Cheers Carol
Old Apr 18th 2007, 10:07 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Has anyone been as unfortunate as us??

We have our flights booked for 21st June - House Sold - Dog booked into her "hotel" in Sydney and we have had our passports stolen from our safe!

The thieves actually took the whole safe!

Does anyone know what we do now? We will be getting new passports, do we have to go to Australia house or is there something else. Anyone know how long this will take? String and piece of should not be in the reply please - we are desparately down.

Please any posts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jodie n' Mark
Hope you get the buggers who did this!

Not very nice at all.

Hope you get things sorted out.

Carol
Old Apr 18th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Oh God
Really sorry, hope you get it sorted soon, I'm sure it wont be a problem.

You sly things booking your flights and not telling us

Enjoy the rest of your hols
Caz

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Cheers guys thanks for everyones information. Feel a lot better

Our agent emailed us today, to say we should be fine but its scary when you are here (in Spain) and have no friends to talk to!!

Thank god for the internet....

I will let you all know how we get on - looks like a trip to Peterborough is the first place start when we get back. Damn shame they also stole the Tom Tom!

One piece of advise we´ve learned don´t hide things in the safe - apparantly the freezer is a good place for cash!

Love Jodie n' Mark
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:25 pm
We Have Arrived!

Originally Posted by electricbaby27
Oh God
Really sorry, hope you get it sorted soon, I'm sure it wont be a problem.

You sly things booking your flights and not telling us

Enjoy the rest of your hols
Caz
Hi Guys

Thanks for everyones good wishes thoughts etc.

Sorry electricbaby - we popped deposits on the flight just before flying out to Spain to secure 2 of the last 3 seats on Singapore to Adelaide for 22nd June.

We hadn't even told our parents!

This last few days have been a bit of a bummer but looks like we will be alright.

We have booked appts at Peterborough to ge UK passports for 28th April then we have to post our grants off to Australia House in London with a letter explaining the details. I will pop in a copy of the police report and temporary passports etc. so that should help us get everything quicker.

Just frustrating that this was supposed to be a relaxing break before we start all the paper work that is emigration and selling up, typical me it ends up being more work than play. Do you think I will actually get this work life balance in Oz

Just for those that need the detail or have used the search option in a few months heres the official word from Australia House

"Dear Client,

Thank you for your enquiry.

You can post your passports to our office with a copy of your grant letter/email and a covering letter to explain. Please post your passports using Special Delivery (recorded mail) and enclose another self-addressed Special Delivery envelope for the safe return of your documents. It will take 3 to 5 working days.

We hope this information has been of assistance.

Yours sincerely

London Contact Centre
Migration Branch
Australian High Commission
Strand London WC2B 4LA"
Old Apr 27th 2007, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

You have got to be kidding me!!?? You finally got the red sticker then had it nicked? :curse: OMG Jodie that is real bad luck. At least you are going to be moving to a place where they are just too chilled out to bother with the safe. People round here even go to bed with the doors unlocked. I hope you get it sorted soon. As for poochie, did you know that in some quarantine kennels you can get a webcam connection so you can watch your pet? I couldn' face it, but they will both arrive here, at our door on Friday next week. Cant wait. PM me when you've got chance. Loads of love Jo & Steve
p.s its quiet here without you and Nick11...

Originally Posted by Nick11
Jo said they they ripped it out of the floor!!!I spoke to her last night and she seemed a little calmer.She's contacting Australia house today.
Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:30 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey Jodie and Mark - missed this one. What a nightmare. Thank heavens you have time to get it sorted out.
Nick tells me you are having trouble finding anywhere to take your dog when you arrive. I'll try and see if I can come up with any ideas. When does pooc arrive?

Lou
xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.