Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

Old Apr 27th 2007, 6:38 am
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP!!!! Stolen Passports with Visas in!

Thanks Weasy & Kizbut for your kind thoughts its all just about getting sorted now just keep your fingers crossed on the old Insurance front you know what these things are like take ages and then they try every reason to not pay you. Like we all save receipts for everything we buy (Another good reason to purchase from ebay through paypal! )

Pooch arrives 21st July -

We have just secured somewhere from 25th June - 22 July in Moana but she is full the week after just when Abi (Our nutter dog) arrives even though the place would take her - our luck is not the best at the moment.

Can't decide if I love or hate the idea of a webcam Kizbut - please let me know how your pooches are when they get home. At least they had each other Abi will be sooo lonely.

OOh have you found gravy bones over there in the shops Abis equivalent of Hagan Daas Ice Cream to a woman and is proper pet food easy to obtain (you know nutricious stuff Steve not pedigree chum!)

Love Jodie
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Hi Jodie.
We decided not to have the webcam, it would have driven me nuts seeing them and not being able to touch them. They do get played with by their keepers you know, so she wont just be left to her own devices. We've just bought ours a bag of Purina biccies, I think its called Butchers in the UK? Never thought I'd miss Marmite, but having tried 4 different types in as many days (including Vegemite) I'm going to stop trying. Haven't looked for any gravy bones or ice cream yet, but did try one of the kids Milo (mini milk type) lollies and they are now banned from eating them If you drink tea, bring some with you, cos the stuff over here doesn't seem to have the same punch. I'm back on Twinings cos its the closest I could find, and is actually a really good cuppa. Other things are great, we love the choice and the fruit is excellent. Cant believe the quality or price of the meat either. We've also 'discovered' the yoghurt mixed with passion fruit! Yum. Be warned though, brocolli and cauliflower are set to rocket in price because of the drought(?!), I also read that they are talking of evacuating some town up north because of the drought and their water has run out. Poor beggars..
Love
Jo

Originally Posted by Jodie n' Mark
Thanks Weasy & Kizbut for your kind thoughts its all just about getting sorted now just keep your fingers crossed on the old Insurance front you know what these things are like take ages and then they try every reason to not pay you. Like we all save receipts for everything we buy (Another good reason to purchase from ebay through paypal! )

Pooch arrives 21st July -

We have just secured somewhere from 25th June - 22 July in Moana but she is full the week after just when Abi (Our nutter dog) arrives even though the place would take her - our luck is not the best at the moment.

Can't decide if I love or hate the idea of a webcam Kizbut - please let me know how your pooches are when they get home. At least they had each other Abi will be sooo lonely.

OOh have you found gravy bones over there in the shops Abis equivalent of Hagan Daas Ice Cream to a woman and is proper pet food easy to obtain (you know nutricious stuff Steve not pedigree chum!)

Love Jodie
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kizbut1
You have got to be kidding me!!?? You finally got the red sticker then had it nicked? :curse: OMG Jodie that is real bad luck. At least you are going to be moving to a place where they are just too chilled out to bother with the safe. People round here even go to bed with the doors unlocked. I hope you get it sorted soon. As for poochie, did you know that in some quarantine kennels you can get a webcam connection so you can watch your pet? I couldn' face it, but they will both arrive here, at our door on Friday next week. Cant wait. PM me when you've got chance. Loads of love Jo & Steve
p.s its quiet here without you and Nick11...
Ah cheers mate.We're all out tomorrow at Capones(mostly to drown my sorrows!)Booze does make it feel better.Still no word from co!!How long does it take for our co to read the health undertaking and give us the thumbs up!Hoping Alan Collett can work his magic on her!
Nick
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:16 pm
We Have Arrived!

Jodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud ofJodie n' Mark has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Hi Jodie.
We decided not to have the webcam, it would have driven me nuts seeing them and not being able to touch them. They do get played with by their keepers you know, so she wont just be left to her own devices. We've just bought ours a bag of Purina biccies, I think its called Butchers in the UK? Never thought I'd miss Marmite, but having tried 4 different types in as many days (including Vegemite) I'm going to stop trying. Haven't looked for any gravy bones or ice cream yet, but did try one of the kids Milo (mini milk type) lollies and they are now banned from eating them If you drink tea, bring some with you, cos the stuff over here doesn't seem to have the same punch. I'm back on Twinings cos its the closest I could find, and is actually a really good cuppa. Other things are great, we love the choice and the fruit is excellent. Cant believe the quality or price of the meat either. We've also 'discovered' the yoghurt mixed with passion fruit! Yum. Be warned though, brocolli and cauliflower are set to rocket in price because of the drought(?!), I also read that they are talking of evacuating some town up north because of the drought and their water has run out. Poor beggars..
Love
Jo
I would say it could only happen to us Kizbut but I thing worse things have happened to some people during their bid to escape the UK and they are just tests to make sure we are the right sort of people to emigrate I think.

Mmm bet the kids are sooo disappointed about the broccalli and cauliflower scare

You will have to keep me informed on the pooches parole - I am sure Abi will be fine I just worry about how I am going to get up with out my 'natural' alarm clock ie dog jumping on me and telling me its 7 am!

Abi loves Butchers - I don't let her have it often though as she seems to put weight on with it. She may be ok with all the walks she will get on the Beach though.

I am sooo looking forward to that part - We have managed to get the holiday accommodation people to strech our booking to 2 months! She has moved another booking around for us to make sure we can stay in one place and is going to get me a dog bed for when Abi comes home. You guessed it Rhoda our new landlady is an expat ....

Nick will have to bring you some marmite through Kizbut if she comes over... enroute - when those B###dy visas get sorted.

Take care all

Jodie