Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help on spouse visa please!!!!!!

Help on spouse visa please!!!!!!

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

sakfab_91 will become famous soon enoughsakfab_91 will become famous soon enough
Default Help on spouse visa please!!!!!!

My husband and I just got word that he got a job in Melbourne, so we will be relocating in November. He's an Aussie citizen, I'm not, so I need to apply for a spousal visa. Questions:
1) do the UK police checks really take 40 days????
2) once Immigration have everything (police checks, med checks and x-ray etc) how long does it take them to issue a visa??
3) any anyone have any useful tip or hints on how to do this?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help on spouse visa please!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sakfab_91
My husband and I just got word that he got a job in Melbourne, so we will be relocating in November. He's an Aussie citizen, I'm not, so I need to apply for a spousal visa. Questions:
2) once Immigration have everything (police checks, med checks and x-ray etc) how long does it take them to issue a visa??
Hi

I think you should just do it but hurry up. My husband is doing the spouse app at the moment

1, hubbies police checks took 3 weeks approx
2, apparently if you frontload it about 1 to 2 weeks
3, try the immigration forum, theres loads of stuff on there.

Were posting our application off this weekend, you need loads of stuff to evidence your relationship, search the immigration forum for table of contents or TOC and you will see what I mean.

If you have any other questions just ask and I will try my best to answer for you.

Laura
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:29 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

1. The police have 40 days to process your request, but most dont usually take that long.

2. If the application is straight forward and you have supplied enough evidence, then the visa shouldnt take too long. Of all the visas DIMIA issue, it probably one of the quickest.

3. Do a search in the immigration forum, lots of useful info in there. Look for posts by user MLBonner, she has a great list of evidence that she sent with her application.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 4:40 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

As above, but also wondering how long you have been married? and do you have Children? My husband and I have been married 7 years and have two children together. The only evidence that I sent with application were mortgage statements from the past five years but if you are newly married without kids then as the previous poster points out you need to send in loads of evidence.
My police check came back within 3 weeks.
The turnaround for this visa if its a simple and straightforward application, is pretty quick and from replies on this site ranges from 1-3 weeks.

Good Luck!
Sharon
Old Sep 15th 2005, 5:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
1. The police have 40 days to process your request, but most dont usually take that long.

2. If the application is straight forward and you have supplied enough evidence, then the visa shouldnt take too long. Of all the visas DIMIA issue, it probably one of the quickest.

3. Do a search in the immigration forum, lots of useful info in there. Look for posts by user MLBonner, she has a great list of evidence that she sent with her application.

Best of luck.
Michelle went on a de facto so needed far more info than you will. But it is useful stuff to read.

Get the med booked and the police check in. What can take time is the stat decs from two aussies. If hubby has family and you both have friends out there, get them to download the form 888, complete it, get it certified by a JP which is free. They will need to have copies of their birth certificate/passport/citizenship certificate certified as well. Then sent back to you.

In the meantime do the rest. I have a word document of everything I did if you would like a copy just PM your e-mail address. Once you get it all sent off together you should get the visa back in a week.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:20 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

My hubby also went on a spouse visa. We missed one interview because we didnt get the police checks back in time! It all depends on how busy they are I suppose, applications they receive etc. Send them now.

From start to finish it took hubby about 4 months to get his visa.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hello..i am reading this..and finding it all very helpful.....as i moved to canada to marry my then fiance. we married.and i have applied for PR in Canada..BUT now we are exploring to go to australia
one of my concerns is the lack of JOINT anything that we have..as he already had the mortgage..etc..etc....i don't even have a canadian bank account..which is easy enough to get a joint one.

i am starting to wonder..just HOW much they will accept...as not being joint .....as we have NOthing..realy...hmmmmm
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

sakfab_91 will become famous soon enoughsakfab_91 will become famous soon enough

thanks for everyone's help so far. I have meds on Monday. Just out of curiousity, what does "frontload" mean in the context of this thread? I've seen it heaps in the threads that have to do with the visa process but I don't understand what it means.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

thanks for everyone's help so far. I have meds on Monday. Just out of curiousity, what does "frontload" mean in the context of this thread? I've seen it heaps in the threads that have to do with the visa process but I don't understand what it means.
Hi

I cannot speak for everyone else, however when I say 'frontload' I mean that we got the police and medical checks done in advance of the submission of the application for the spouse visa.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 16th 2005, 8:29 am
Just Joined

melbal35 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband needed a spouse visa also. His police check came back within 10 days, once Immigration had everything (and I mean everything!) we received email confirmation of approval within a fortnight. We then sent in his passport and received it back with visa stamp within a week.
Everything happened much quicker than we expected but I think it's v important to make sure you include absolutely everything with your application to help speed things along. I should also probably say at this point that our application may have been helped along by the fact that we've been married for nine years and have two (Aussie passport holding) kids. Hope this helps...
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Someone recently posted a highly detailed list of all the things they submitted with their spouse visa application. I printed it out but I can't find it now using search as it doesn't seem to be working like it used to! Does anyone have a link to such threads with checklists?

When frontloading I know to get the police clearance form from the local police station but how do you go about arranging the medical? I presume AHC or DIMIA have to be contacted to advise you of the nearest doctor on their approved list? We've been married 'yonks' have everything in joint names, plenty of photos and bills, property in Oz etc so don't see it taking too long. As someone said the Stat Decs from rellies/friends in Oz is the thing that mustn't be forgotten to organise.

OzTennis
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:18 am
Just Joined

melbal35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Someone recently posted a highly detailed list of all the things they submitted with their spouse visa application. I printed it out but I can't find it now using search as it doesn't seem to be working like it used to! Does anyone have a link to such threads with checklists?

When frontloading I know to get the police clearance form from the local police station but how do you go about arranging the medical? I presume AHC or DIMIA have to be contacted to advise you of the nearest doctor on their approved list? We've been married 'yonks' have everything in joint names, plenty of photos and bills, property in Oz etc so don't see it taking too long. As someone said the Stat Decs from rellies/friends in Oz is the thing that mustn't be forgotten to organise.

OzTennis
Hi

DIMIA or AHC will give you a list of approved doctors/radiographers etc for you to get your medical through. Loads located all over London/country etc and then it's just a matter of phoning them up, making the appointment and writing out (yet another...) cheque!
We got together a massive pile of photos, joint bills, accounts, mortgage details etc but I think the fact that you've been married a while (and if you have kids) goes a long way to getting approval sooner rather than later...
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbal35
Hi

DIMIA or AHC will give you a list of approved doctors/radiographers etc for you to get your medical through. Loads located all over London/country etc and then it's just a matter of phoning them up, making the appointment and writing out (yet another...) cheque!
We got together a massive pile of photos, joint bills, accounts, mortgage details etc but I think the fact that you've been married a while (and if you have kids) goes a long way to getting approval sooner rather than later...
Thanks, as I expected. We live in rural southern Scotland so I can guarantee the nearest 'approved' doctor will be a couple of hours away in Glasgow or Manchester! Anyone from Scotland with advice on location of meds?

OzTennis
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by OzTennis
When frontloading I know to get the police clearance form from the local police station but how do you go about arranging the medical? I presume AHC or DIMIA have to be contacted to advise you of the nearest doctor on their approved list?
Hi OT

Take a look at this:

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/HTML/medical.html

Hope it helps.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=321932
Thats our checklist for what we submitted for our spouse visa app. We had already had the medicals done a bit before that was sent in, and also sent the police check with the application.

Police check took about 3 weeks to come back. Took us a lot longer just to get all that info together. Once it was submitted it was all done and visa granted very quickly.

Let us know if you need any more help!

Bert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.