Reload this Page >

help on spouse visa please :)

help on spouse visa please :)

Old Mar 15th 2004, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

cazz is on a distinguished road
Default help on spouse visa please :)

Hi Everybody,

My family and I now have our permanent resident visa's, we have validated them and are hoping to move out to Oz at the end of this year.

My problem is that my son and his girlfriend have just got engaged, she is still at uni and they have decided to get married in 2007 a year after she has finished uni. My son has to be over in Oz by september 2008, you can see our problem!!

What would be the best visa for his fiancee to apply under? She will then be his wife!

Please, please help us!!!!! Thank you

Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

He will have to get 2 years residence in Oz as a PR to get an RRV or citizenship to maintain PR up to 2008.

Basically if he does not move out with you and he waits in the UK until 2008 he will lose PR. He will then not be eligible to sponsor his partner.

If your son is eligible to apply then she can apply for a spouse partner visa.

Details are in www.immi.gov.au/allforms booklet 1

By 2008 the whole process could change.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:00 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a point if your son and his fiancee have lived together for over a year he could sponsor her as his DeFacto wife.

Anyway a PR who sponsors a partner is supposed to be ordinarily resident in Australia. Interpretation seems to vary on what ordinarily resident means.