Help! Speeding

Old May 4th 2006, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

NUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant future
Default Help! Speeding

hi, i hope someone can help here, i have just recieved a letter from the car hire company i used in oz when on holiday in march, i have been caught speeding, 96kph in an 80kph zone.

does anyone know what will happen and more importantly, how will this affect my application? (waiting to hear for go ahead for police and medical checks at moment).

hope someone can tell me something positive as i feel like the bottom has fallen out my world!!
thank you, vince
Old May 4th 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Speeding

Originally Posted by NUMBER69
hi, i hope someone can help here, i have just recieved a letter from the car hire company i used in oz when on holiday in march, i have been caught speeding, 96kph in an 80kph zone.

does anyone know what will happen and more importantly, how will this affect my application? (waiting to hear for go ahead for police and medical checks at moment).

hope someone can tell me something positive as i feel like the bottom has fallen out my world!!
thank you, vince
You will face 6 months in prison if you go back on holiday, a visa refusal is deffo on the cards as well.

Bad luck old mate
Old May 4th 2006, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
You will face 6 months in prison if you go back on holiday, a visa refusal is deffo on the cards as well.

Bad luck old mate

You meanie
Old May 4th 2006, 4:57 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

thank you, vince
It wont affect your application at all, its a motoring offence not a criminal conviction.
Regards,
Paul
Old May 4th 2006, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

angipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the roughangipipsqueak is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Help! Speeding

thank you, vince
Hi we got a speeding ticket in a camper bus #i might add whilst on holiday, we paid the fine, when applying for the visa we explained this to our agent she said everything would be fine, we have'nt got our visa yet, so we'll have to wait and see. However, our agent ~AMA pride themselves on having no refusal visa's yet, so I suppose they would'nt have taken us on if they thought it would be a problem. Pay the fine, ring DIMIA and just ask, at least it'll stop you worrying . Sorry I can't be of more help.
Old May 4th 2006, 5:02 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

thats cruel

Bad luck old mate
Old May 4th 2006, 5:04 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Bad luck old mate
crackin reply
Old May 4th 2006, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

NUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant futureNUMBER69 has a brilliant future

Bad luck old mate
:scared: DO YOU REALISE HOW MANY YEARS YOU HAVE JUST TAKEN OUT ME!! jeez i just about died when i read that, very good, apeals to my sense of humour
thank you everyone who answered, feeling a little better but will do as you say and get on the fone 1st thing and explain all, havnt had the ticket yet, just informed by the car hire company, the ticket they have been sent to identify the driver says something about 1point? will study it later as kinda dumped my load when i 1st read it,
anyway, enough of my ramblings, thanks again and if anyone else has any info on this i would apreciate any reply, thanks vince
Old May 4th 2006, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: DO YOU REALISE HOW MANY YEARS YOU HAVE JUST TAKEN OUT ME!! jeez i just about died when i read that, very good, apeals to my sense of humour
thank you everyone who answered, feeling a little better but will do as you say and get on the fone 1st thing and explain all, havnt had the ticket yet, just informed by the car hire company, the ticket they have been sent to identify the driver says something about 1point? will study it later as kinda dumped my load when i 1st read it,
anyway, enough of my ramblings, thanks again and if anyone else has any info on this i would apreciate any reply, thanks vince
Hee hee, made me chuckle as I was typing it
You'll be fine, just pay the fine (pardon the pun) and you'll hear nothing else about it
Old May 4th 2006, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

hi, me again, just had a look at the ticket i recieved from the hire company, they have a clause where if i have a 'traffic infringement' i must pay $20 for each one, thats fine, no worrys but on the back of the receipt it says 'a $20 administration fee for each traffic infringement, that needed swearing before a JP; in addition to the fine' thats it word for word, can anyone shed any light on this for me as it seems to me a bit more than just 'pay a fine' can anyone help!? partner is going daft and im sick with worry,
thanks again, vince
Old May 5th 2006, 12:55 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

dont worry it wont make any difference whatsoever!!! it'll just add points on your aussie licence when you get here permanently!! it doesnt make any difference to your application unless you have served time in jail
good luck
vb2

thank you, vince
Old May 5th 2006, 12:58 am
vb2
bradford 2 brissy at last

vb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud ofvb2 has much to be proud of

if it was me, i would firstly ring the company for advice and see what it all actually means, failing that look up your local Justice Peace, Court etc. and take it down there with your extra $20 dollars and pay it - simple as (hopefully)!!

regards

vb2

hi, me again, just had a look at the ticket i recieved from the hire company, they have a clause where if i have a 'traffic infringement' i must pay $20 for each one, thats fine, no worrys but on the back of the receipt it says 'a $20 administration fee for each traffic infringement, that needed swearing before a JP; in addition to the fine' thats it word for word, can anyone shed any light on this for me as it seems to me a bit more than just 'pay a fine' can anyone help!? partner is going daft and im sick with worry,
thanks again, vince
Old May 5th 2006, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vb2
if it was me, i would firstly ring the company for advice and see what it all actually means, failing that look up your local Justice Peace, Court etc. and take it down there with your extra $20 dollars and pay it - simple as (hopefully)!!

regards

vb2
hi, thanks for your reply, sounding better i actually managed to get in touch with my cousin in oz and she knows someone in immegration, he says the same, wont affect my application at all unless i ran someone over etc, feeling a lot better now but as for the fine, im back in scotland! happy to pay whatever comes my way though, my own fault, plenty of back seat drivers telling me to watch my speed
thank you again for your replys, cheers, vince
Old May 5th 2006, 11:29 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vb2
dont worry it wont make any difference whatsoever!!! it'll just add points on your aussie licence when you get here permanently!! it doesnt make any difference to your application unless you have served time in jail
good luck
vb2
I got done for speeding whilst here on a visa validation holiday. Got done just south of Rocky and paid the fine in Bundy and they logged all my UK licence details. Converted to Qld licence when we got her for good 7 weeks later and got a totally clean Qld licence - no points carry-over from my holiday 'infringement'. I wouldn't worry about - iwouldn't even bother to let DIMIA/Agent know. I got my speeding fine and I'm in their system but it's not a criminal record so you won't have a problem.
Old May 6th 2006, 10:32 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I got done for speeding whilst here on a visa validation holiday. Got done just south of Rocky and paid the fine in Bundy and they logged all my UK licence details. Converted to Qld licence when we got her for good 7 weeks later and got a totally clean Qld licence - no points carry-over from my holiday 'infringement'. I wouldn't worry about - iwouldn't even bother to let DIMIA/Agent know. I got my speeding fine and I'm in their system but it's not a criminal record so you won't have a problem.
I had exactly the same when I was on my Visa Validation trip last year. In fact I was done twice in two days - 96kph in an 80 - I am here now and as far as I know my VIC licence is clean.

Don't worry about it. They don't even ask for points for insurance! They are only interested is accidents and drink driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.