Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help sought from 489 visa holders ... !

Help sought from 489 visa holders ... !

Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Gooner86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help sought from 489 visa holders ... !

Hello everyone ....

I just received my 489 Family sponsored invitation for Victoria.

I need to know the pros and cons from personal experiences (from anyone here) who got this visa.

Pls, answer to below questions from u ppl will do great;

Q1. Do the DIBP provide to specific regional area post code to live in or we can live anywhere in victoria.

Q2. Do i have to do job in that specific regional area and if i dont get the job will it be possible to do job anywhere else in victoria? Does it effect on my future application for PR after 2 years?

Q3. Do provisional visa holders find it hard to get job? i have read companies prefer to give jobs to PR holders rather than provisional visa holders? Is is true?

Pls note that i have read everything from official websites. But personal experice is what i want. I would be glad if u ppl help me out.

EOI submitted (489): 30 apr 17
Invitation recv: 09 Aug 17
Profeesion:233512 (mechanical engr)
Exp: 5 years
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:41 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help sought from 489 visa holders ... !

Originally Posted by Gooner86
Hello everyone ....

I just received my 489 Family sponsored invitation for Victoria.

I need to know the pros and cons from personal experiences (from anyone here) who got this visa.

Pls, answer to below questions from u ppl will do great;

Q1. Do the DIBP provide to specific regional area post code to live in or we can live anywhere in victoria.

Q2. Do i have to do job in that specific regional area and if i dont get the job will it be possible to do job anywhere else in victoria? Does it effect on my future application for PR after 2 years?

Q3. Do provisional visa holders find it hard to get job? i have read companies prefer to give jobs to PR holders rather than provisional visa holders? Is is true?

Pls note that i have read everything from official websites. But personal experice is what i want. I would be glad if u ppl help me out.

EOI submitted (489): 30 apr 17
Invitation recv: 09 Aug 17
Profeesion:233512 (mechanical engr)
Exp: 5 years
Not a 489 holder but for family sponsored 489 you can live and work anywhere in the state - Designated Areas of Australia

Second question answered already, but you must comply with the conditions of the visa to move to PR. Not complying can get visa cancelled, you and your family deported, and a subsequent ban.

Can't help with the work front, but make sure you fully understand the visa if you apply for it so you can explain terms and conditions to employers if needed.