Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help someone get me out of here

help someone get me out of here

Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:08 pm
petit gal

jillmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help someone get me out of here

Help I need some sun! its the middle of summer and the temp is at a max of 14 in glorious manchester and of course its pouring with rain and its also set in for the weekend- thats the cricket for my lot out.
It just makes the prospect of coming over to oz all the better It just cant come quick enough for me.
My hubbies interview in July is just too far away (crying)
Can some one cheer me up?
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:13 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: help someone get me out of here

Originally posted by jillmorris
Help I need some sun! its the middle of summer and the temp is at a max of 14 in glorious manchester and of course its pouring with rain and its also set in for the weekend- thats the cricket for my lot out.
It just makes the prospect of coming over to oz all the better It just cant come quick enough for me.

Get yourself to Primark... many a retail therapy bargain to be found there to make you smile

If that fails, jump over the border to Cheshire, tis nice and sunny here!!
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:18 pm
petit gal

cheers,
yes im off on a shopping trip 2moz but im going with a friend who'd looking for a wedding outfit. can't wait .
I've got to get fathers day presents too. so it won't be treat me time, although I might just nip into Thorntons and get some choccies to eat while the footies on.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:20 pm
petit gal

Just noticed your postit note at the bottom. Is that right that you leave for Bris on the 26th July, You lucky beast.
Where abouts are you going to. Have you got contacts, job out there?
Jill
Old Jun 18th 2004, 6:30 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Just noticed your postit note at the bottom. Is that right that you leave for Bris on the 26th July, You lucky beast.
Where abouts are you going to. Have you got contacts, job out there?
Jill

Yep, sure do! Got my visa last Saturday

My boyf is out over there already (hes Australian) so I have him as a contact plus until Feb I lived there on a WHV as well for 12 months, so know a few other people. I did work over there & I have a job waiting for me if I want it (which I don't) and have started browsing seek.com.au with interest this week!

Bit scary but also dead exciting - can't believe I've got less than 6 weeks to do everything in though

Where are you hoping to go?
Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:37 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Euro 2004's on, what more do you need???!!!

And the Kent beer festival is coming up at the end of July. Come on down!

Old Jun 18th 2004, 7:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Well Jill, it's not much better down here in Cornwall. Long days of sunshine and 25 degree temps get you down don't they ?

Glad to stay indoors to watch the footie.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 8:37 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Yes me too, get me out!!

I have my bloody central heating on, can you believe that?!!!!!!!!!!! Hello weather man, it's meant to be summer.

Gateshead, sunny Gateshead, oh dear me.

To chear you up watch the football, crack open a few vinos and it will all fade away until................tomorrow!!

Walla
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:00 pm
petit gal

Hiya again, sorry about the delay in replying. I was bored out of my tree at work and it was time to go home before I could ansa you.
We're hoping to go to Brisbane, my hubby has an interview on the 12th July here in Manchester with an agency. They say they want engineers out there but its a dying trade here. They have cut his dept down to 3 men. So it dosent look promising.
We also have 17yr old twins. one has been at college for 12mths doing motor maintence and trying to get a placement- but none to be had. No one wants to take on trainees. My other son has just landed his 1st full time job and starts on Mon making aluminium frames.
I really feel that there must be better prospects out there and a better lifestyle.
What kind of work did you do when you were over there. Did you get to see much of the place?
JIll
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:02 pm
petit gal

what more do I need ? no more football PLeeaaase!
OZ is probably the only place I could go to to get away from it.
another reason to get out of here.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:05 pm
petit gal

Lucky you in cornwall. I'm sat here freezing my ....finger tips off while I type this, which I'm doing to get away from the footie.
Sick to death of it already. Is there no escape????
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:17 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Hiya again, sorry about the delay in replying. I was bored out of my tree at work and it was time to go home before I could ansa you.
We're hoping to go to Brisbane, my hubby has an interview on the 12th July here in Manchester with an agency. They say they want engineers out there but its a dying trade here. They have cut his dept down to 3 men. So it dosent look promising.
We also have 17yr old twins. one has been at college for 12mths doing motor maintence and trying to get a placement- but none to be had. No one wants to take on trainees. My other son has just landed his 1st full time job and starts on Mon making aluminium frames.
I really feel that there must be better prospects out there and a better lifestyle.
What kind of work did you do when you were over there. Did you get to see much of the place?
JIll

I worked for Ergon Energy (QLD Electricity) in their products dept. I was the deputy team leader for the centre there - just landed the job after doing some crappy work in the same office. I did marketing and business at uni & am currently a Relationship Manager for small businesses for a high street bank, hoping to keep with the banking side of things I think. My boyfriends' friends wife (if you follow me) is the marketing manager for Suncorp and I'm hoping she might get me some contacts... marketing & banking, has my name all over it

Got to see a fair amount, though more out of town and up the coast than inland. Really like it over there, obviously my boyf is there but just like the laidback approach and usually good weather. My boyfriend also has a small boat so we used to jet over to Moreton Island at weekends a lot, great for fishing, diving, snorkelling, general lazing around!

Hope the wedding gear shopping didnt bore you too much, I've been good today and resisted the shops and been organising my move instead!
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:33 pm
petit gal

Oh wow I dont think you will go short of work when you get there. Plus with your contacts you should do well. I wish you luck with it.
The shopping was horrendous, so packed everyone getting something for daddy. The wedding shops were boring as expected and my friend didnt even find anything after all that. I just got armfuls of stuff - like you do from Primark.
and ofcourse the essential Thorntons for tonight.
Good luck with your move and I hope everything goes well for you overthere. Jealous
Jill
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

We,ve had loads of beautifiul weather over the last few months. It's only been cooler for the last two days. Don't worry - the beauty of the British weather is in a couple of days it will be warm again
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:54 pm
petit gal

I know it's been nice recently but as you know with the great British weather you never know when its going to end. So bring on the sun and let us relax and enjoy because soon it will be Christmas
Oh to be in Oz with day after day of beautiful warm sunshine Isn't that the main reason why we all want to go there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.