Help: SIR visa

Old Dec 17th 2004, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

sriram is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help: SIR visa

Hi guys

Im sriram, has got the sponsorship of the state government for SIR visa. I have few questions to be clarified. If any one from the forum could help me out?

1. How long it will take after applying to DIMIA for SIR visa

2. Im engaged to a girl but we have not married yet and dont live together, do I have to fill the spouse details in the DIMIA form 47sk and put her details

3. Can i marry her and add her in my application during the course of visa processing?

4.What are evidence DIMIA wants if the people are engaged? That is not fall either under married/defacto

thanks

Sriram
Old Jan 9th 2005, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

mandymoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help: SIR visa

Originally Posted by sriram
Hi guys

Im sriram, has got the sponsorship of the state government for SIR visa. I have few questions to be clarified. If any one from the forum could help me out?

1. How long it will take after applying to DIMIA for SIR visa

2. Im engaged to a girl but we have not married yet and dont live together, do I have to fill the spouse details in the DIMIA form 47sk and put her details

3. Can i marry her and add her in my application during the course of visa processing?

4.What are evidence DIMIA wants if the people are engaged? That is not fall either under married/defacto

thanks

Sriram
Hi
1. It seems to be taking about 4 months for Sir visas - well ours anyway - total time.

2. Not sure. We were in a similar position although living together and I think we did fill in spouse details. We have kids though.

3. Yes you can get married during visa application - we just have. You have to fill in form 1022(?) with change of circumstances and include your marriage certificate. They automatically send you this form when meds and pccs are requested.

4. DIMIA didn't ask us for any evidence for us being engaged. We had sent our children's birth certificates off and our joint mortgage deed as'evidence' that our relationship was longlasting. They didn't request this - we just thought it might help.

Hope that is helpful.
Good luck!
Mandy
Old Jan 10th 2005, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Dear Mandy

Thanks for the reply. Are you moving under SIR visa? and which state your are going to move? I got the sponsorship both from Victoria and South Australia. But planning to go to SA.

Have you applied to DIMIA already or already got the visa? I like to have friendship with you. Expecting reply

Regards
Sriram

Originally Posted by mandymoos
Hi
1. It seems to be taking about 4 months for Sir visas - well ours anyway - total time.

2. Not sure. We were in a similar position although living together and I think we did fill in spouse details. We have kids though.

3. Yes you can get married during visa application - we just have. You have to fill in form 1022(?) with change of circumstances and include your marriage certificate. They automatically send you this form when meds and pccs are requested.

4. DIMIA didn't ask us for any evidence for us being engaged. We had sent our children's birth certificates off and our joint mortgage deed as'evidence' that our relationship was longlasting. They didn't request this - we just thought it might help.

Hope that is helpful.
Good luck!
Mandy
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

mandymoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sriram
Dear Mandy

Thanks for the reply. Are you moving under SIR visa? and which state your are going to move? I got the sponsorship both from Victoria and South Australia. But planning to go to SA.

Have you applied to DIMIA already or already got the visa? I like to have friendship with you. Expecting reply

Regards
Sriram
Hi Sriram

Yes we are going with the SIR VISA TO South Australia.
We originally applied as Skilled Independent but didn't know the points had gone up. So SA sponsored us. I am a teacher of the deaf.
Our application went to DIMIA in September. We just had our medicals today! (They were requested just before Xmas).
There was a problem with our daughter so she has to have another test.
We hope to be going in August if everthing is OK and we get the visa.

What do you do? When are you thinking of going?

Good Luck
Mandy
Old Jan 11th 2005, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi Mandy

Thanks for the reply. I am about to apply to DIMIA. I am an engineer by profession, at this point of time, I am unable to say when I will be moving to Australia

Sriram
Originally Posted by mandymoos
Hi Sriram

Yes we are going with the SIR VISA TO South Australia.
We originally applied as Skilled Independent but didn't know the points had gone up. So SA sponsored us. I am a teacher of the deaf.
Our application went to DIMIA in September. We just had our medicals today! (They were requested just before Xmas).
There was a problem with our daughter so she has to have another test.
We hope to be going in August if everthing is OK and we get the visa.

What do you do? When are you thinking of going?

Good Luck
Mandy