Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help in search for a friend

Help in search for a friend

Old May 31st 2016, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Norman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really nice
Default Help in search for a friend

Hi.
Wonder if someone could help me please.
I am trying to trace a friend, Michael John Booth and his wife Gillian Dora Booth who emigrated to Australia on the 18 of May 1968 by British Airways to Perth.
That is all I know, sorry.
Norman1941.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help in search for a friend

This is their immigration information. A further look around the National Archives of Australia could help. Looks like they had a son Adrian Booth with them. Maybe worth trying to find him on Facebook or Linkedin or something.

National Archives of Australia - Session has ended
Attached Thumbnails Help in search for a friend-screen-shot-2016-06-01-10.28.17-am.png  
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple still in WA with exactly the right initials who might be worth a call - just search for white pages Australia. http://www.whitepages.com.au/residential and put in the surname, initials and suburb (try Orelia 😀) and you will get a phone number. If it's not them then you have only lost the cost of a phone call and there are other avenues to try.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Norman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really niceNorman1941 is just really nice

Thanks for the reply's.
I did find the immigration document in the National Archives thanks, did bot realise that the Adrian bit was a son though.
When I try to go into White pages from here in England it comes up "page not found"
Thanks again.
Norman.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 8:13 am
Just Joined

Tis me again.
Must be me, have now got into White pages and found the address and have asked my secretary (the wife) to send a short letter today.
We are off to Canada in the morning for a month so might just have a reply by time we get back.
Thanks once again for all your help.
Norman.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 8:22 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Brilliant. This is the stuff that BE is made of.

Y'know what Norman. This could have been my Dad. It could have been my husband's Dad. Both the neighbours on either side of us left for the New World back in '68.

I do so hope you receive a good response to your letter.

It may be a lifetime from '68 but heck. It's friends.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 9:12 am
Just Joined

You are not wrong there. We used to go out with sisters back in those days and eventually I moved away and lost touch, found out years later that he had gone to Australia, never knew he had got married until a chance reply on the Frith site to a mail about a church mission the we both went to gave me his wife's name.
Am not on Facebook but have asked a friend to have a look for me(good at delegating me).
Thanks for every ones help.
Norman..
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you've launched a letter - phone calls are quicker but if you are off in the morning then letters are good! Let us know if we've got the right couple!!!
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 3:17 am
Just Joined

Hi Quoll/All
There was a reply waiting when I got home yesterday, you were right it was the same Michael Booth.

Would like to thank you all for the help and time you gave me in this search.

Thanks again.
Norman.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's great! Hope you guys enjoy the reconnection!
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 3:40 am
Just Joined

Thanks Quoll.
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 4:19 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Norman1941
Hi Quoll/All
There was a reply waiting when I got home yesterday, you were right it was the same Michael Booth.

Would like to thank you all for the help and time you gave me in this search.

Thanks again.
Norman.
Oh my Goodness. That is so brilliant

These guys are
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news
Old Jul 2nd 2016, 8:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 3rd 2016, 9:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.