British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   HELP reg ACS MODL in letter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-reg-acs-modl-letter-108472/)

bansaldinesh May 21st 2002 11:04 am

HELP reg ACS MODL in letter

Dear
I refer to the application for the assessment of ur computing qualifications, which was recived by the Australian computer society
In respect to ur application dated 21 feb 2002, the assessment officer has adviced as follows

" the applicant has a master of information technology and a bachelor of science ( computer science ) which have been assessed comparable to an Australian masters degree with a major in computing.

For the purpose of ur migration application,your qualification have been assessed to be suitable for the migration under 2231-17 the ASCo code

This assessment advice is valid for a period of one year from the date of this letter

Any quries you may have regarding this assessment should be made in writing and forwarded to the deputy director

But they didnt mention about MODL code line which is required like this :
The following statement will be included on the letter of advice if the applicant is elected for MODL:
"Based on the provided certified documentation it is my opinion that the applicant has 12 months experience in_______."

Aboove LINE IS NOT THERE IN MY LETTER. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GO AHEAD AND WHAT TO DO.
i do have 3 yr IT exp and more over i attached all req letter
even reference letter... so why they didnt mention above lines in my letter... please tell me wat to do now ?

regards
dinesh

Lana May 21st 2002 7:20 pm

Re: HELP reg ACS MODL in letter

Dinesh,

I don't know the answer, but I would contact the ACS.

Also, where did you get the MODL information? I understand that only a few
specializations will allow the person to be on the MODL - so does that mean that if
you get that line, you are automatically on the MODL?

If that's the case, maybe it's because your 3 years experience are not in anything
currently listed in the MODL? Does anyone know?

Lana

bansaldinesh <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dear I refer to the application for the assessment of ur computing qualifications,
    > which was recived by the Australian computer society In respect to ur application
    > dated 21 feb 2002, the assessment officer has adviced as follows
    >
    > " the applicant has a master of information technology and a bachelor of science (
    > computer science ) which have been assessed comparable to an Australian masters
    > degree with a major in computing.
    >
    > For the purpose of ur migration application,your qualification have been assessed
    > to be suitable for the migration under 2231-17 the ASCo code
    >
    >
    > This assessment advice is valid for a period of one year from the date of
    > this letter
    >
    > Any quries you may have regarding this assessment should be made in writing and
    > forwarded to the deputy director
    >
    >
    >
    > But they didnt mention about MODL code line which is required like this
    > : The following statement will be included on the letter of advice if
    > the applicant is elected for MODL: "Based on the provided certified documentation
    > it is my opinion that the applicant has 12 months experience in_______."
    >
    >
    > Aboove LINE IS NOT THERE IN MY LETTER. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GO AHEAD AND WHAT TO
    > DO. i do have 3 yr IT exp and more over i attached all req letter even reference
    > letter... so why they didnt mention above lines in my letter... please tell me wat
    > to do now ?
    >
    >
    > regards dinesh

George Lombard May 21st 2002 11:20 pm

Hi Dinesh, Lana,

Dinesh has quoted the usual MODL statement underneath the letter he has received. To
get a MODL statement from ACS you need 12 months work experience in the relevant
field. ACS will require detailed references describing that experience. If Dinesh
wants to challenge this he can make an appeal to ACS for A$300, which will be
refunded if he wins. It is most likely that either his employer reference material
was not detailed enough or the skills he described are not on the MODL list.

Cheers

George Lombard

Lana wrote in message ...
    >Dinesh,
    >
    >I don't know the answer, but I would contact the ACS.
    >
    >Also, where did you get the MODL information? I understand that only a few
    >specializations will allow the person to be on the MODL - so does that mean that if
    >you get that line, you are automatically on the MODL?
    >
    >If that's the case, maybe it's because your 3 years experience are not in anything
    >currently listed in the MODL? Does anyone know?
    >
    >
    >Lana
    >
    >
    >
    >bansaldinesh <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> Dear I refer to the application for the assessment of ur computing qualifications,
    >> which was recived by the Australian computer society In respect to ur application
    >> dated 21 feb 2002, the assessment officer has adviced as follows
    >>
    >> " the applicant has a master of information technology and a bachelor of science (
    >> computer science ) which have been assessed comparable to an Australian masters
    >> degree with a major in computing.
    >>
    >> For the purpose of ur migration application,your qualification have been assessed
    >> to be suitable for the migration under 2231-17 the ASCo code
    >>
    >>
    >> This assessment advice is valid for a period of one year from the date of
    >> this letter
    >>
    >> Any quries you may have regarding this assessment should be made in writing and
    >> forwarded to the deputy director
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> But they didnt mention about MODL code line which is required like this
    >> : The following statement will be included on the letter of advice if
    >> the applicant is elected for MODL: "Based on the provided certified documentation
    >> it is my opinion that the applicant has 12 months experience in_______."
    >>
    >>
    >> Aboove LINE IS NOT THERE IN MY LETTER. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GO AHEAD AND WHAT TO
    >> DO. i do have 3 yr IT exp and more over i attached all req letter even reference
    >> letter... so why they didnt mention above lines in my letter... please tell me wat
    >> to do now ?
    >>
    >>
    >> regards dinesh

Lana May 22nd 2002 3:20 am

Thanks, George.

My concern is that the line is listed in my husband's letter. However, his experience
is in JavaScript. Until the latest MODL change, JavaScript was in the MODL. Now it
says "JavaScript (security and e-commerce)". The letter from the ACS doesn't specify
that his work was in security, e-commerce, or anything else - it just says
JavaScript.

So, should we claim the MODL points? Can anyone help?

Lana

"George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>.. .
    > Hi Dinesh, Lana,
    >
    > Dinesh has quoted the usual MODL statement underneath the letter he has received.
    > To get a MODL statement from ACS you need 12 months work experience in the relevant
    > field. ACS will require detailed references describing that experience. If Dinesh
    > wants to challenge this he can make an appeal to ACS for A$300, which will be
    > refunded if he wins. It is most likely that either his employer reference material
    > was not detailed enough or the skills he described are not on the MODL list.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > George Lombard

George Lombard May 22nd 2002 11:20 am

Hi Lana,

Interesting question, and I don't think anyone will have the correct answer, because
IT is the only professional area where subsets of ASCO codes are used. Best to make
sure your employer's reference makes it clear that he has the relevant skills when
you make the application.

Cheers

George Lombard

Lana wrote in message ...
    >Thanks, George.
    >
    >My concern is that the line is listed in my husband's letter. However, his
    >experience is in JavaScript. Until the latest MODL change, JavaScript was in the
    >MODL. Now it says "JavaScript (security and e-commerce)". The letter from the ACS
    >doesn't specify that his work was in security, e-commerce, or anything else - it
    >just says JavaScript.
    >
    >So, should we claim the MODL points? Can anyone help?
    >
    >
    >Lana
    >
    >"George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> Hi Dinesh, Lana,
    >>
    >> Dinesh has quoted the usual MODL statement underneath the letter he has received.
    >> To get a MODL statement from ACS you need 12 months work experience in the
    >> relevant field. ACS will require detailed references describing that experience.
    >> If Dinesh wants to challenge this he can
make
    >> an appeal to ACS for A$300, which will be refunded if he wins. It is
most
    >> likely that either his employer reference material was not detailed
enough
    >> or the skills he described are not on the MODL list.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> George Lombard

Lana May 22nd 2002 4:20 pm

Great Idea!

I will make sure that happens, thanks.

Lana

"George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Hi Lana,
    >
    > Interesting question, and I don't think anyone will have the correct answer,
    > because IT is the only professional area where subsets of ASCO codes are used. Best
    > to make sure your employer's reference makes it clear that he has the relevant
    > skills when you make the application.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > George Lombard
    >
    > Lana wrote in message ...
    > >Thanks, George.
    > >
    > >My concern is that the line is listed in my husband's letter. However, his
    > >experience is in JavaScript. Until the latest MODL change, JavaScript was in the
    > >MODL. Now it says "JavaScript (security and e-commerce)". The letter from the ACS
    > >doesn't specify that his work was in security, e-commerce, or anything else - it
    > >just says JavaScript.
    > >
    > >So, should we claim the MODL points? Can anyone help?
    > >
    > >
    > >Lana
    > >
    > >"George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>.. .
    > >> Hi Dinesh, Lana,
    > >>
    > >> Dinesh has quoted the usual MODL statement underneath the letter he has
    > >> received. To get a MODL statement from ACS you need 12 months work experience in
    > >> the relevant field. ACS will require detailed references describing that
    > >> experience. If Dinesh wants to challenge this he can
    > make
    > >> an appeal to ACS for A$300, which will be refunded if he wins. It is
    > most
    > >> likely that either his employer reference material was not detailed
    > enough
    > >> or the skills he described are not on the MODL list.
    > >>
    > >> Cheers
    > >>
    > >> George Lombard

Helen Vickery May 22nd 2002 9:20 pm

Lana,

Good luck with the MODL classification. However, I must point out that I'm going for
the same MODL classification and that the skill specifically listed is Java
(Ecommerce & security) and not Java Script. Apologies if this was a typo or you
already knew this, but the two are very different languages and I'm sure would be
treated entirely differently by the ACS. JavaScript is a browser scripting language
that's relatively easy to learn whilst Java is a very large set of APIs that takes
years to learn to be able to use effectively in the e-commerce and security arena.

Hope this is of some help.

Best regards,

Matt

"Lana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks, George.
    >
    > My concern is that the line is listed in my husband's letter. However, his
    > experience is in JavaScript. Until the latest MODL change, JavaScript was in the
    > MODL. Now it says "JavaScript (security and e-commerce)". The letter from the ACS
    > doesn't specify that his work was in security, e-commerce, or anything else - it
    > just says JavaScript.
    >
    > So, should we claim the MODL points? Can anyone help?
    >
    >
    > Lana
    >
    > "George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Hi Dinesh, Lana,
    > >
    > > Dinesh has quoted the usual MODL statement underneath the letter he has received.
    > > To get a MODL statement from ACS you need 12 months work experience in the
    > > relevant field. ACS will require detailed references describing that experience.
    > > If Dinesh wants to challenge this he can
make
    > > an appeal to ACS for A$300, which will be refunded if he wins. It is
most
    > > likely that either his employer reference material was not detailed
enough
    > > or the skills he described are not on the MODL list.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > George Lombard

Lana May 23rd 2002 10:20 pm

Matt,

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I understand the Java/JavaScript difference, but in the
old MODL, Java included JavaScript too. I assumed this had remained. At least this
saves me a phone call to Australia, we won't apply for the MODL points.

Thanks again.

Lana

"Helen Vickery" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Lana,
    >
    > Good luck with the MODL classification. However, I must point out that I'm going
    > for the same MODL classification and that the skill specifically listed is Java
    > (Ecommerce & security) and not Java Script. Apologies if this was a typo or you
    > already knew this, but the two are very different languages and I'm sure would be
    > treated entirely differently by the ACS. JavaScript is a browser scripting language
    > that's relatively easy to learn whilst Java is a very large set of APIs that takes
    > years to learn to be able to use effectively in the e-commerce and security arena.
    >
    > Hope this is of some help.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Matt

bansaldinesh May 25th 2002 7:03 am

hi all

Thanks for your replies.

I did give them a reference letter showing that i have more then 1 yr experience in ASP/SQL Server and both of these technologies are in MODL and more over i got the MODL number plus a statement that i have major in computer. MODL number itself says that i have hot skils else they should not have given me MODL number. More over booklet for aust immigration doesnt say anything abt that particular line for 12 month in ---- etc. So we have bit confusion.

Even 2 of my other friends are having the same problem yet they applied for JAVA and again its there in MODL list. and he also got the same MODL no 17.

shall we apply for re-evulation ? will we get the fees back if we win the case or we should apply for next step directly and askfor 5 points of MODL hot list skilss as we got the number.
Our numbers are like this

60 education
30 age
15/20 english
5 Hindi speaking

Another thing is : We have total exp of 3 year in IT so can we apply for another 10 exp whcih says that if u have 3 out of 4 yr in IT exp. Wat exactly it say. does it mean i will get 10 points or i should have atleast 4 yr exp. I have only 3 yr exp and whole in IT . I dont have non IT exp so wat i shd do in this case.

I know m bothering u people by lot of question but friends there is no other good forum like this and we all are in same boat.

where i can get the details regarding MODL hot skill list ?

Thanks & Regards
dinesh
[email protected]

ptlabs May 25th 2002 8:45 am

The Official and most recent MODL is available at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/modl.htm

And by the way, ASP is no longer on the MODL.

bansaldinesh May 25th 2002 8:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for new changed information. I checked on site and found that ASP and JAVA are not there and more over they have changed the criteria to 115 instead of 110. I think now it will be difficult for us to apply there. as we have
60 for qualification, 30 for age, 15 for english(minimum), 5 for other language HINDI so total 110 not 115

While applying to ACS i gave a reference letter for ASP and SQL SERVER but in that MODL list its Sybase SQL SERVER can i ask them to see it again as its the same or can i give another reference letter for XML as its in hot list there. is it possible ???

What abt 3 out of4 yr exp. I have total 3 yr and whole in IT . can i get 10 marks for experience in this case ? i passed my MCA in May 1999 and started working June 1999 so 3 yr exp

Regards
dinesh
[email protected]

ptlabs May 25th 2002 9:50 am

I think now it will be difficult for us to apply there. as we have
60 for qualification, 30 for age, 15 for english(minimum), 5 for other language HINDI so total 110 not 115

Note that in order to prove your English capability, an IELTS test is recommended if you come from a country that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Also, I gather that you are claiming 5 bonus points for Hindi, which means that you will either have to prove that your degree (in your case, most likely an Indian Masters degree) was conducted fully in Hindi, or take and pass a NAATI http://www.naati.com.au Level 3 Translator/Interpreter test.

While applying to ACS i gave a reference letter for ASP and SQL SERVER but in that MODL list its Sybase SQL SERVER can i ask them to see it again as its the same or can i give another reference letter for XML as its in hot list there. is it possible ???

Honestly, you should have written a full and complete reference letter when you submitted your application to ACS. MODL occupations come and go. You may lose credibility with ACS if you keep furnishing new (and incomplete) references as the MODL changes.

What abt 3 out of4 yr exp. I have total 3 yr and whole in IT . can i get 10 marks for experience in this case ? i passed my MCA in May 1999 and started working June 1999 so 3 yr exp

What's MCA? Masters in Computer Application? If you have detailed references that state that you were a fulltime employee with proper IT job descriptions, DIMIA should award the 10 points for the 3 years of experience.

bansaldinesh May 25th 2002 10:48 am

in your case, most likely an Indian Masters degree) was conducted fully in Hindi, or take and pass a NAATI http://www.naati.com.au Level 3 Translator/Interpreter test.

I did 10+2 to last MCA in english but till 10th it was hindi medium and hindi is my mother tounge. Cant i gave them a letter from court that i am from hindi speaking area as test means again more money. I am from hindi speaking area and studies in hindi till 10th.

Can i gave a new reference letter with new MODL say XML Sybase etc which i already gave to ACS in my CV so it wont be like that i am giving a fake reference letter. Will they accept this ??

What's MCA? Masters in Computer Application? If you have detailed references that state that you were a fulltime employee with proper IT job descriptions, DIMIA should award the 10 points for the 3 years of experience

Ys i do have detalied reference and joined letter and experience letter with say that i was and i m full time employee with proper description for 3 year. But i didnt get the fanda of 3 out of 4 yr i have only 3 out of 3 yr exp means total 3 yr and 3 yr in IT means no other NOn IT exp. Will i get 10 marks in this case ???

Regards
Dinesh

ptlabs May 25th 2002 11:01 am

Cant i gave them a letter from court that i am from hindi speaking area as test means again more money. I am from hindi speaking area and studies in hindi till 10th.

In theory, you can do whatever you want. In theory, DIMIA can choose to reject whatever you give them.

But i didnt get the fanda of 3 out of 4 yr i have only 3 out of 3 yr exp means total 3 yr and 3 yr in IT means no other NOn IT exp.

What's MCA? What's fanda?

bansaldinesh May 27th 2002 2:46 am

Hi,

MCA is Master of Computer Application and fanda is meaning.
Actually i wanted to know the meaning of 3 out of 4 yrs IT exp
so what does it mean ? is it necessary that person should have
4 yr total and out of 4, three year in IT. I have total 3 yr in IT and total is also 3 yr. I can give all the proof for full time job for 3 yrs with job detail etc. Will it be fine ?

thanks & regards
dinesh