Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help with refs for my tra

help with refs for my tra

Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future
Default help with refs for my tra

hello all
first thanks for looking at my thread and it's right you do get addicted to this forum.

anyway my family and i are going over to perth for our reccie visit in april then if alls well when we get back we will be applying for pr so it seems a good idea to start getting my references together for my tra.

i am an electrician with 16 years experience with varies companys so here are my questions for anyone who's done it

1.will they require refs with consecutive dates or will they be ok with several from different employers.

2.how detailed are the refs required to be i know that a 'karl worked with us from this date to that date and was good' will not be good enough any tips or even copies of refs or a layout which i could 'fill in the blanks' and pass on to the past employers would be good.

3.any other tips about a tra application would be good i know as much detail as possible.

4.could anyone in perth let me know the work situation for electricians i'e look in local papers etc

thx for your time and help

karl

******sorry mods can you move this to the visa section *******

Last edited by baggie; Jan 15th 2005 at 5:43 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help with refs for my tra

Karl

welcome to the forum.

We received our TRA approval late last year, no problems at all, we used an agent so we were told exactly what we needed to do. In fact if we didnt use and agent then we probably would have failed, as my orginal stat declaration was way too short.

Basically you should write a statutory declaration detailing all you working life from the day you started training till current day. Mine was 16 pages of A4. This has to give a clear indication to the reader that you have completed a structured learning process and you know exactly what you are talking about.

Your employers references should cover all you have put in the stat dec. You should perhaps write the stat dec first and then write the references yourself around the statement. The references should state the time you worked for the company, your day to day duties, the training you received, the skills you posessed, the other duties you may have had to undertake, how good you were, and a recommendation is only optional. You should then get the company owners/managers etc to print the letter on officiall stationery of the company and sign them.

If any companies do not exist anymore or you cant get a them to supply/sign a reference then your stat dec should cover that period, maybe mention a reason in the stat dec why you cant get a reference from them.

I cant understate the importance of going into fine detail on the stat dec, you really should cover everything, all the skills and the equipment you learnt to use, your day to day duties and how your career changed with technology over the years etc. (everything but how you learnt to make the tea when you were an apprentice!)

As I mentioned I used an agent and all this information was given to me, and I passed, so maybe I should be charging you for the info and acting as your agent!

Anything else, just ask.

Stuart