Reload this Page >

Help Re Uk Removal Companies

Wikiposts

Help Re Uk Removal Companies

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

maureentollington is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help Re Uk Removal Companies

Anyone used D Bonner from High Wycombe in the UK or Excess? I need to book one this weekend and would prefer a recommendation
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:22 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Help Re Uk Removal Companies

Originally Posted by maureentollington
Anyone used D Bonner from High Wycombe in the UK or Excess? I need to book one this weekend and would prefer a recommendation
Hi maureent

I haven't used them personally but have you tried using the "search" button at the top of this page?

I've just found something [although not read it] that might be useful? Try this thread : http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=Bonner

Good luck

Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond reputeIan12 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Anglo Pacific and I would be cautious about recommending them. They are big and glossy but it has not all be plain sailing. Subsequently when we needed advice about bringing the car over we used Coles Removals in North London (you will get them with a search engine - try google) They were helping to the extent of opening up their offices on a Saturday morning when usually closed just to recieve essential paper work. Good luck
Old Dec 9th 2004, 11:46 pm
Go Banana's !!

We used Crown Relocations and they have been fantastic in every way. However, from the time we have been on the site they do occasionally screw up but on balance seem to have the most number of positive outcomes.

Warren

Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
We used Crown Relocations and they have been fantastic in every way. However, from the time we have been on the site they do occasionally screw up but on balance seem to have the most number of positive outcomes.

Warren
PSS and Crown appear at the moment to have the best recommendations on here.

Possibly wouldn't touch ***** ******** with Pollyana's 10foot broom
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:39 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

Given the link that Phoeinxuk2oz posted (and the terrible review that it contained of Doree Bonner Intl, I thought you might find the following link useful:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...&highlight=FYI

It lists different companies and their prices for shipping the contents of a one-bedroom house, to give you an indication of costs. The fact I started it is, obviously, purely coincidental and not bias on my part in any way!!

Good luck!
GG

Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:34 am
Just Joined

bubby is an unknown quantity at this point

hi did you use doree bonner,in the end is so any info would be great.Hope the move went well.

thanks pete laura
Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:01 am
blossom

Hi

We used Bonner's 20 something years ago and they were excellent then - don't know about recently! In fact until we saw this post, we didn't realise they were still in existence! Must get them in for another quote to go back again.

Just an add on here, for anyone returning to the UK from Sydney - please, please beware, and do not use Austpac - they are criminals of the highest order! (If they are still in existence that is!)

Blossom

Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough

We used Doree Bonner in Canterbury a few months ago and found them to be excellent. The service we received in Sydney was very good as well. You should bear in mind who will be handling your container when it arrives here as I have read good and bad threads about companies here as well.

Good luck,

Nanci
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

AmandaJ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We have used Crown Relocations, our stuff went into storage in November and we will be shipping in a couple of weeks.

We also had quotes from Pickfords - very expensive, and PSS who couldn't be bothered to call me back until I chased them.

Crown have been excellent so far, the initial consultant was extremely helpful and gave us lots of advice.

The packers were excellent and made the whole packing process a lot less stressful, they had everything wrapped and packed, for a 20 ft container in less than a day and a half.

Obviously I'll reserve final judgement until we receive our shipment, but so far so good.

Amanda
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:21 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmandaJ
and PSS who couldn't be bothered to call me back until I chased them.
We have 3 shipping companies coming round next week to give us a quote. We have Whites, Crown & PSS. Crown were extremely helpful and pleasant on the phone....but I've had the same treatment as you from PSS. When I phoned yesterday to arrange an appointment they said they'd get someone to phone me...they didn't. When spoke to them today they said they'd booked an appointment for me. The appointment wasn't convenient for me so then I was told AGAIN that they'd have to phone me back as she had to check his diary. Over 2 hours later she finally came back with a suitable date. So far I'm not impressed but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and waiting to see what the estimator bloke has to say.

Petra
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

rayandjane is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by artep
We have 3 shipping companies coming round next week to give us a quote. We have Whites, Crown & PSS. Crown were extremely helpful and pleasant on the phone....but I've had the same treatment as you from PSS. When I phoned yesterday to arrange an appointment they said they'd get someone to phone me...they didn't. When spoke to them today they said they'd booked an appointment for me. The appointment wasn't convenient for me so then I was told AGAIN that they'd have to phone me back as she had to check his diary. Over 2 hours later she finally came back with a suitable date. So far I'm not impressed but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and waiting to see what the estimator bloke has to say.

Petra
That all rings a bell (or not in the case of PSS!!!) We've had several letters from them following the Aus Expo in London so as our application seems to be progressing we thought we'd ring them. On Friday last week I left a message for the woman who'd written the letters and so far I've heard nothing!!!! So in the words of the Prophet.........Stuff 'em.

It'll be interesting to hear how you get on when (if) they give you a quote.

Regards,

Ray & Jane (Still thinking about packing)