Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help re Perth car hire - Bayswater etc

Help re Perth car hire - Bayswater etc

Old May 1st 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all
Default Help re Perth car hire - Bayswater etc

Hi all

From what I can gather from posts Bayswater seems to be the favourite (and cheapest). There is only one problem - it shuts at 6.00 p.m. at night.

Our flight probably wont be in by that time!!! (5.30 p.m. landing).

Does anyone know any cheap car hire which is open past 6.00 p.m. in the evening - and which is easily accessible from the airport???? The airport car hire seems quite expensive.

Advice needed - thank you...

Laura
Old May 1st 2007, 8:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help re Perth car hire - Bayswater etc

Originally Posted by gordon&laura
Hi all

From what I can gather from posts Bayswater seems to be the favourite (and cheapest). There is only one problem - it shuts at 6.00 p.m. at night.

Does anyone know any cheap car hire which is open past 6.00 p.m. in the evening - and which is easily accessible from the airport???? The airport car hire seems quite expensive.

Laura
Hiring from the airport is very expensive. They seem to hit you with loads of extra charges. Maybe stay at an airport hotel? The Formula one hotel nearby is $65/room and a $10 taxi ride away. Get a taxi ($20) to Bayswater in the morning.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

Hi,
how far away are you staying? it might be worth getting a taxi. We landed at the same time and i didn't fancy driving after a long flight, plus i knew by the time we settled in we wouldn't need a car that evening. Taxi's are a reasonable price. One word of warning, do not use Thrifty. We used them and they billed us for damage to the car after we dropped it off. We left it in perfectly in good order. Bayswater are very good, but check with them about leaving the car after hours without it being inspected in your presence.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Malcs66
Hi,
how far away are you staying? it might be worth getting a taxi. We landed at the same time and i didn't fancy driving after a long flight, plus i knew by the time we settled in we wouldn't need a car that evening. Taxi's are a reasonable price. One word of warning, do not use Thrifty. We used them and they billed us for damage to the car after we dropped it off. We left it in perfectly in good order. Bayswater are very good, but check with them about leaving the car after hours without it being inspected in your presence.

Hi there

We are staying near Hillary's. I would rather just get there and not stay at a hotel. You know what it's like -all new. I just want to know where I'll be living for the first 3 weeks!!!!

The mission then will be to find a more permanent rental.

Thanks
Old May 1st 2007, 9:03 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Laura

Grab a cab, let them chauffer you home and then the next day get the hire car. Do you really want to bother after a long flight mucking around with it all, then try to find your way to Hillarys.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Grab a cab, let them chauffer you home and then the next day get the hire car. Do you really want to bother after a long flight mucking around with it all, then try to find your way to Hillarys.
Any ideas how much a cab to Hillary's is???

I've no concept of how big Perth actually is!!!!

Laura
Old May 1st 2007, 9:12 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Any ideas how much a cab to Hillary's is???

I've no concept of how big Perth actually is!!!!

Laura
If you would like to PM me Laura, I will see if the guy that brings our guests to us in Rockingham will do a stretch job to Hillarys he has a trailer for all the gear and is reasonably priced. Suzette
Old May 1st 2007, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

We are staying near Hillary's. I would rather just get there and not stay at a hotel. You know what it's like -all new. I just want to know where I'll be living for the first 3 weeks!!!!

The mission then will be to find a more permanent rental.

Thanks
I'll second the previous poster. Get a taxi first - you will be too knackered to drive and you won't where the hell you are going either.

In the morning go to these guys: Sunset Car Rentals. They are only a short distance down the coast from Hillarys. I used them when we first arrived in Oz and a couple of times since then and they've always been accomodating and reasonable value. Get a taxi to them or they will come to you.

There IS a car rental place at Hillarys Harbour but their charges are extremely high and anyway they tend to hire out 'speciality' cars.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I'll second the previous poster. Get a taxi first - you will be too knackered to drive and you won't where the hell you are going either.

In the morning go to these guys: Sunset Car Rentals. They are only a short distance down the coast from Hillarys. I used them when we first arrived in Oz and a couple of times since then and they've always been accomodating and reasonable value. Get a taxi to them or they will come to you.

There IS a car rental place at Hillarys Harbour but their charges are extremely high and anyway they tend to hire out 'speciality' cars.
Hi all

Thanks for all your help - this is fab!!!!! People are so generous over in Perth - people over here dont even give you the time of day!!!!!

I've actually found out that I'm staying in Duncraig (which isnt that far from Hillary's).

You are all smashing!!!!

Laura
Old May 1st 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
If you would like to PM me Laura, I will see if the guy that brings our guests to us in Rockingham will do a stretch job to Hillarys he has a trailer for all the gear and is reasonably priced. Suzette

Hi there

Thanks for asking your guy do pick us up - we arrive at 5.30 p.m. from Dubai on the 9 July. If he can do it - just let me know how much he takes. Your kindness is really great.

Weve spoke before - it will only be Gordon and I. I've booked a place called Park Beach Place in Duncraig for 3 weeks, then I'll need to find a more permanent rental.

It's all the last minute things that you need to think of!!

In all cases Gordon and I should take a trip down your way when we get over - it would ne nice to meet up!

Laura
Old May 1st 2007, 10:20 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002

Another vote for a taxi here. Probably no more than $50 (will you get your luggage in a large sedan or need something larger?). Be warned you may have a wait at the rank and ordering something may get you a cab sooner and larger. Call 13 13 30.

We used DriveWest out of Scarborough when we got here and couldn't fault them. Mum and Dad hired from M2000 and they were a joke.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:22 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi there

Thanks for asking your guy do pick us up - we arrive at 5.30 p.m. from Dubai on the 9 July. If he can do it - just let me know how much he takes. Your kindness is really great.

Weve spoke before - it will only be Gordon and I. I've booked a place called Park Beach Place in Duncraig for 3 weeks, then I'll need to find a more permanent rental.

In all cases Gordon and I should take a trip down your way when we get over - it would ne nice to meet up!

Laura
Hi Laura, they are available that day, he is Les from Diamond Limousine Service contact him on [email protected] I have told his wife Sandra that you will be in touch so they should give you a good price as we send them a lot of work, he is actually on his way in the 10 seater with 6 people who are settling in Bunbury.. Good way to get them all and their luggage and have a couple of drinks on the way and watch a DVD or two.... Hope this is as good for you two as it has been for all our guests that have used the limmo....Suzette.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi Laura, they are available that day, he is Les from Diamond Limousine Service contact him on [email protected] I have told his wife Sandra that you will be in touch so they should give you a good price as we send them a lot of work, he is actually on his way in the 10 seater with 6 people who are settling in Bunbury.. Good way to get them all and their luggage and have a couple of drinks on the way and watch a DVD or two.... Hope this is as good for you two as it has been for all our guests that have used the limmo....Suzette.

Sounds good Suzette!!!!

I'll definately be in touch with Les and will keep in touch with you also.

Smashing info everyone.

Laura
Old May 1st 2007, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

Laura
I [that is to the say myself, my wife and daughter] live very close to where you are going to stay by the looks of it. If you wish I can send you and Gordon a PM with some contact details in case you get confused by it all ! {I'm a fellow Scot, been here a year now} It's handy to be able to speak to someone who's been through it all.

One bit of advice would be to hit the ground running regarding looking for a permanent rental as they can be hard to get and make sure you bring UK rental references [or if you have sold a house etc, a letter from your estate agent stating you owned it etc] - they can be picky about references here so any bit of paperwork is useful [bank statements, utility bills etc].

Duncraig is a nice suburb, although if you don't have kids, it's probably dead boring !

When you have your rental car, the FIRST thing to do is drive down the coast road from Hillarys - when you see the ocean and beaches it's an excellent reminder as to why you are here. The first time I saw it I was gobsmacked.
Old May 1st 2007, 12:19 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Laura
Hi Laura

I can recommend http://www.m2000car.com.au/
My rellies used them recently and they were very good and cheap.

They will leave the car at the airport for you to collect ($50.00) and you go to the ticket office to collect the keys from the attendant.
It's the same on the drop off.... in the city is free, the airport is $50.00.

I negotiated the price for my rellies and it was easy to get unlimited km's for 3 weeks for no extra money... just ask about special deals they have.

Neil.
PS I live in Hillarys, if you need help/directions just ask. :-)
PPS About $60.00 in a cab from the airport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.