Reload this Page >

HELP!! Qld Schooling

HELP!! Qld Schooling

Old Apr 11th 2013, 4:03 am
Just Joined

tyler05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP!! Qld Schooling

Hi All
Was wondering if anyone can please help? Myself, my husband and our son have just moved over to the Gold Coast. We are currently on a Bridging A visa (subclass 010).
Can anyone help on how I register my son to primary school?
I understand we need to pay until the permeant visa comes through.
I have been reading all different sites and more I am reading the more confused I am getting.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!! Qld Schooling

What visa are you bridging from?

Conditions on your bridging visa are the same as those you entered on so if you were students, for example, then you pay international student fees. If you were on a 457 (tho I can't imagine that would be the case) then in Qld you don't pay fees for school education.

If you bridged from a tourist visa then you pay international fees - just rock up to the school, show your entry visa and your bridging visa and get the cheque book out.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

Visa Subclass List and Enrolment Conditions 2012
Education Queensland International

Fee decision based on original visa for these Visa's
010 Bridging A
020 Bridging B
030 Bridging C
040 Bridging Visa D (Prospective Applicant)
041 Bridging Visa D (Non-applicant)
050 Bridging Visa E (General)
051 Bridging Visa E (Protection Visa applicant)
060 Bridging Visa F
070 Bridging Visa R (Removal Pending Bridging Visa)
Almost all other Visas under Class 500, and between 700 and 950 are no charge, with a few exceptions

https://www.eqi.com.au/pdfs/visa-subclass.pdf
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Diamonds are forever?
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice. I was on a tourist visa and applied for a permanent resident visa. I will just go to the school on Monday with my cheque book.

Once we get granted permeant resident, is there any way we can claim any of the school fees back?

Last edited by tyler05; Apr 13th 2013 at 1:45 am.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tyler05
Thanks for the advice. I was on a tourist visa and applied for a permanent resident visa. I will just go to the school on Monday with my cheque book.

Once we get granted permeant resident, is there any way we can claim any of the school fees back?
Nope. No fees back.

Hope your PR comes through within 3 months as I have no idea what they do with the 12 week restriction on tourists attending school as per original visa. Edited to say, if you are prepared to pay then you should be ok - looks like $265 a week https://eqi.com.au/programs/bridging-visas.html. There is actually a form you need to complete along with your chequebook - the link is at the bottom of the page - it is a tad more complicated, you can get approval from Education Queensland who will then let the school know - the process is outlined at that link

Last edited by quoll; Apr 13th 2013 at 6:47 am.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 3:22 am
Just Joined

I applied today so hopefully my son will get to school next week. He will be able to attend school for the whole process time, not just for 3 months. We will just have to pay the $265 per week until our PR comes through.