Reload this Page >

Help - Primary School on the North Shore - Sydney

Help - Primary School on the North Shore - Sydney

Old Jan 18th 2005, 9:45 am
Just Joined

mayhewtaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - Primary School on the North Shore - Sydney

Hi

Can we hopefully moving to Sydney in June/July time this year and was wondering if anyone had any advice on primary schools in general and the process of getting your child into one and also if anyone could recommend a primary school on the North Shore - do the schools have websites for example?

Thanks in advance
Adele
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help - Primary School on the North Shore - Sydney

Originally Posted by mayhewtaylor
Hi

Can we hopefully moving to Sydney in June/July time this year and was wondering if anyone had any advice on primary schools in general and the process of getting your child into one and also if anyone could recommend a primary school on the North Shore - do the schools have websites for example?

Thanks in advance
Adele
Hi Adele,

This is something my wife and I are currently researching too.... Have a look at the following thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...956610#1956610

We will be on a temp resident VISA, and in NSW that means that we will have to pay for "state" primary education for our children ($4,500 per year per child). For this reason we are looking at Private schools as there are a number for this price-range anyway. If you are coming over as PRs, then you won't have the state fee issue.

How old are your children? Do you know where exactly you are planning on living?

We have had a number of schools recommended to us in the area of Gordon/Pymble/Killara/Lindfield. Most have websites, and we are in the process of emailing the schools with a view to arranging viewings...

Piers.
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Fastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant futureFastfunker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Help - Primary School on the North Shore - Sydney

Hi again,

Take a look at the following website as well - mine of information including enrolment for overseas students:

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/

Let me know if you need any more help
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

mayhewtaylor is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Help - Primary School on the North Shore - Sydney

Originally Posted by Fastfunker
Hi again,

Take a look at the following website as well - mine of information including enrolment for overseas students:

http://www.schools.nsw.edu.au/

Let me know if you need any more help
Many thanks for this info. Will get to work!