Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help on postage cost!!

Help on postage cost!!

Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Default Help on postage cost!!

Hi to all we`re new to all this only just found the site .
I just wanted to know if anyone has sent parcels form the UK to WA if so was it expensive
We are hopefully emigrating early next year and need advice on sending a box of family photo`s and CD`s
Thanks

Jon & Laura
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

pogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nicepogsy is just really nice
Default Re: Help on postage cost!!

Originally Posted by jonjelly
Hi to all we`re new to all this only just found the site .
I just wanted to know if anyone has sent parcels form the UK to WA if so was it expensive
We are hopefully emigrating early next year and need advice on sending a box of family photo`s and CD`s
Thanks

Jon & Laura
Hi,
My advise would be to leave them with family and set up a three month mail re-direction with the Royal Mail to your new address. When this has been done get your family to send them to your old address in the UK as the Royal Mail will re-direct all mail except for signed for and special delivery items. Best of luck.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Wink Re: Help on postage cost!!

Originally Posted by pogsy
Hi,
My advise would be to leave them with family and set up a three month mail re-direction with the Royal Mail to your new address. When this has been done get your family to send them to your old address in the UK as the Royal Mail will re-direct all mail except for signed for and special delivery items. Best of luck.
Arrr Very clever
Thanks
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:35 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on postage cost!!

Originally Posted by pogsy
Hi,
If these photos and CDs are important to you, then DO NOT send them via Royal Mail. Royal Mail are notorious for losing mail. This year, they have lost ten mail items from/for us so far.

Instead have the photos and CDs sent to you by someone more reliable such as Excess Baggage. It costs more, but your chances of seeing your stuff again are far higher. Have a look on their website: http://www.excessbaggage.co.uk

Gina