Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help Police ??????????

Help Police ??????????

Old Mar 20th 2004, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default Help Police ??????????

can some one just answer this little question for me please on the form 47sk . they ask u to fill in where u have lived for the last 10 years ? is it for the police checks ? because if it is my partner may have aproblem ? over the last 8 years he as lived with me on and off ,so i havent always put him on the electoral roll and neither as his mother ?:scared:
Old Mar 20th 2004, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

AvronW is on a distinguished road

I am pretty certain that the electoral role will play little part in this. What is important is to declare where (which country) you're all been. The police checks will determine whether you have any noteworthy history there or not.

-Avron
Old Mar 20th 2004, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJL family will become famous soon enoughJJL family will become famous soon enough
Default replolice

thanks avron u have made my day
Old Mar 20th 2004, 9:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The electoral roll has nothing to do with this. I had some patchy parts where I could not remember the house no or street name from student days 10 years ago. Just be honest and put what you can.
Old Mar 20th 2004, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

dazzac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Police ??????????

Originally posted by JJL family
can some one just answer this little question for me please on the form 47sk . they ask u to fill in where u have lived for the last 10 years ? is it for the police checks ? because if it is my partner may have aproblem ? over the last 8 years he as lived with me on and off ,so i havent always put him on the electoral roll and neither as his mother ?:scared:

The police checks have nothing to do with this .
The police checks are initiated by yourself contacting the local police data protection gang - they just run a check on your name and date of birth to see if you show up on there computers.
The electoral role isn't checked either.

Just put down what you can - you'll be fine.
Old Mar 21st 2004, 12:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The reason we ask for previous addresses is that when someone is arrested their address details are recorded on a form which becomes part of the criminal record file. If your name/date of birth are similar to that of a person with a record, the address is used as extra info to try and work out whether you are the same person.
There's no use of voters lists or anything like that.