Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP -please! Who to fly with.

Wikiposts

HELP -please! Who to fly with.

Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:10 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Talking HELP -please! Who to fly with.

Hiya,
I know this has been done to death but I am booking my flight tomorrow and want to know who to book!
Cathay Pacific come out as really cheap and have 5 stars on a website I found through reading old threads.I cant seem to find any one who has used them.
I was going to book with Singapore Airlines but wanted your opinions.
Thanks people
Andy
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:11 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP -please! Who to fly with.

Just go with singapore.. especially if you have kids
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:22 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Two kids, 3 and 5.
What about Quatus?
Maybe I should stick with my original plan!
I am totally Stressed out!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hiya,
I know this has been done to death but I am booking my flight tomorrow and want to know who to book!
Cathay Pacific come out as really cheap and have 5 stars on a website I found through reading old threads.I cant seem to find any one who has used them.
Thanks people
Andy

Hi, we flew with Emirates from Manchester to Singapore (stopped off in Singapore for 4 days) and then onto Brisbane and they were fantastic. We have two boys aged 3 and 1 and Emirates gave them toys, books etc and childrens meals. Hope this helps. Sue
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:32 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas / ba - the phase cattle truck with wings unless you're up front with the suits
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:34 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by datamile
Qantas / ba - the phase cattle truck with wings unless you're up front with the suits
Mrs M's folks thought they were OK. We have flown with Emirates a couple of times and had no complaints. We flew with Brunei last week and it was so-so - made worse by having 14 hours in Brunie (not all scheduled). Brunei doesn't have alcohol on board though
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:40 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Cathay are great - family trip six months ago and a single for my 13 year old daughter at another time.

I really rate the service and the price.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:46 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sandra
Cathay are great - family trip six months ago and a single for my 13 year old daughter at another time.

I really rate the service and the price.
When we went on our hols we flew with Malaysia airlines they were fantastic no complaints whatsoever. Food good, service good, legroom good.
Lisa
xxxx
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

singapore are excellent, good leg room, loads of entertainment

i hear that quantus have good in flight entertainment - the stewardesses get really envolved

could not help myself

ha ha!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Only been over once, but went Malaysia. The kids (9 and 6 at the time) weren't mad about the food - bring plenty of snacks, not fresh fruit (eg cereal bars)

Why not ring one of the Aus travel agencies to see who they'd recommend?

My sis went with Singapore with her 3 (youngest was 5) and found them very good.

Deep breaths, relax
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cra1gm
singapore are excellent, good leg room, loads of entertainment

i hear that quantus have good in flight entertainment - the stewardesses get really envolved

could not help myself

ha ha!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:44 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shears
Hi,
I'm driving my wife crazy with the flight booking. I can't make my mind up between Emirates and Cathay??? We are splashing out and going with the suits and the two airlines are very close price wise.
Gary and Vikky
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:55 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

We usually fly BA. Don't judge an airline purely by the attitude of one set of cabin crew on one flight, as so many seem to. There's a lot more to it than how many peanuts you get with the drinks!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi,
I'm driving my wife crazy with the flight booking. I can't make my mind up between Emirates and Cathay??? We are splashing out and going with the suits and the two airlines are very close price wise.
Gary and Vikky
These might help you with your decision

http://www.airlinequality.com/

http://www.airlinesreviewed.com/
Old Feb 27th 2007, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

sarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the roughsarahge is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hiya,
Thanks people
Andy
We've flown with Qantas/BA, Malaysian, Emirates and Singapore - Singapore Airlines were by far the best and usually one of the cheapest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.