Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help please with TRA reference for carpenter with no papers only experience

Help please with TRA reference for carpenter with no papers only experience

Old Jul 17th 2006, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

iainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura aboutiainandsam has a spectacular aura about
Default Help please with TRA reference for carpenter with no papers only experience

Hi there,

Can anyone help me with what to include in a reference when you are trying to prove your skills though experience, hubby does not have apprenticeship, i have written out a reference which includes his duties but am having trouble wording the training without repeating myself. What type of things with regards to training do they want to know?? Any help would be much appreciated. This is to apply through carpenter & joiner.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:05 pm
Emily, Luke and Libby

lewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud oflewandkate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help please with TRA reference for carpenter with no papers only experience

Although we had a apprenticeship behind us, Lew was self-employed whist learning and has been ever since. in our tra application we send off everything we had to prove this i.e. letter from clients and accountant, invoice's and estimates, business cards, proff of advertisements plus a stat dec with info on his recent work experience and how to undertake certain types of carpentry i.e. hanging a door, fitting a kitchen from start to finish etc.
And our tra was approved with all this info. hope this is of some help

good luck
kate and lew

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Hi there,

Can anyone help me with what to include in a reference when you are trying to prove your skills though experience, hubby does not have apprenticeship, i have written out a reference which includes his duties but am having trouble wording the training without repeating myself. What type of things with regards to training do they want to know?? Any help would be much appreciated. This is to apply through carpenter & joiner.
Old Jul 17th 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Help please with TRA reference for carpenter with no papers only experience

Originally Posted by iainandsam
Hi there,

I wouldnt worry about repeating yourself - OH sent over 15 letters of references they all pretty much covered the same thing as he was doing the same job for these companies/self employment.

Put in lots and lots of details, date started training, hours spent per week training, tool talks/training, if poss get letters from other members of staff who did some of the training, when you started doing work on your own (no longer supervised so classed as competent by your company), list health & safety training. Not forgetting full details of all tools used (including safety equipment), all work done on a regular basis and how often etc.

Hope this helps.

Paula