Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP PLEASE Toby our Springer Spaniel has been lost.

HELP PLEASE Toby our Springer Spaniel has been lost.

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 2:44 am
Forum Regular

Paraken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to beholdParaken is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation HELP PLEASE Toby our Springer Spaniel has been lost.

PLease help us find Toby our springer, he's 4yrs old, liver and white and is very friendly.
He went missing from Brisbane Airport on Wednesday 17th October. He was being delivered in his crate when it fell off the trailer, yes fell off the trailer! and on hitting the ground it split. Toby obviously very frightened has run as fast as he could and was last seen going under the perimeter fence into the mangrove area between the airport and Nudgee beach. This area is approx 22km's in size and we've been looking every day since.
We've contacted all the local vets, RSPCA, police, dog pound, radio and TV stations. We've put posters up everywhere and there's a $1000 reward.
I can't believe this has happened, Floyd our other springer was in a separate crate and thankfully he's OK. Australian air Express who are responsible for the safe transfer of our pets from the plane to us have said " Very sorry, these things happen from time to time and that it is not standard practice to strap down animal crates". Obviously the driver at the airport was in a hurry and now we're one dog less. Here's a pic of Toby, please help us find him as we're totally devastated.
Attached Thumbnails HELP PLEASE Toby our Springer Spaniel has been lost.-100_0834.jpg  
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of
Default Re: HELP PLEASE Toby our Springer Spaniel has been lost.

Originally Posted by Paraken
PLease help us find Toby our springer, he's 4yrs old, liver and white and is very friendly.
He went missing from Brisbane Airport on Wednesday 17th October. He was being delivered in his crate when it fell off the trailer, yes fell off the trailer! and on hitting the ground it split. Toby obviously very frightened has run as fast as he could and was last seen going under the perimeter fence into the mangrove area between the airport and Nudgee beach. This area is approx 22km's in size and we've been looking every day since.
We've contacted all the local vets, RSPCA, police, dog pound, radio and TV stations. We've put posters up everywhere and there's a $1000 reward.
I can't believe this has happened, Floyd our other springer was in a separate crate and thankfully he's OK. Australian air Express who are responsible for the safe transfer of our pets from the plane to us have said " Very sorry, these things happen from time to time and that it is not standard practice to strap down animal crates". Obviously the driver at the airport was in a hurry and now we're one dog less. Here's a pic of Toby, please help us find him as we're totally devastated.
So sorry to hear about Toby - I heard about it on Nova and on the t.v and have spoken about it to as many people as I can in the hope that spreading the word will get as many people looking out for him as possible. If there's anything else I can do please let me know.
All the best,
Gill
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked the animal refuge centres/council pounds. He might have been found and handed in.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:06 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, that's terrible. Hope he's found safe and sound soon.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

gordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to allgordon&laura is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Oh, that's terrible. Hope he's found safe and sound soon.
This is horrific - I couldnt think of anything more hurtful. It's appaling!

I do hope your pet is fouind safe and well.

Laura
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Really sorry to hear about your springer Toby. We too have a springer and i`d be devestated if it happened to us. I`m sure someone will find him and take him to the pound. Being an unusual breed of dog, ours is the only springer in the bay, i`m sure he will be found in no time.
Sending tons of positive vibes your way.

Please post WHEN he is found, not if, but when.

Angela
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

OMG... wish I could come and help you look for him. I will be thinking about you and as the previous poster said..let us know WHEN he is found.

Sharon
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 6:52 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Im so sorry for you-this is every dog owners worst nightmare. Keeping everything crossed that he is found safe & well. Dogs are like children to us owners-the fact that this sort of carelessness is allowed to happen is terrible. Good luck-I'm sure I'll be reading a post very soon that you've found him xx
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

These things happen!!!!!!!!:curse: Good job I'm on the other side of the planet to this guy! I'd have him nit-combing every square cm looking for your beautiful pooch.

Hope he's found soon. He's probably found a hole or shed or something to hide in and may venture out when he calms down and feels hungry.

Looking forward to the 'Found him!' post.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

gilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant futuregilly43 has a brilliant future

Hope you find your Toby soon... Try the local radios and get the local papers to run a feature.. Poor little man... I am sure he will be found springers are such friendly little dogs once he catches his breath I am sure he will find someone.... Keeping my fingers and everything crossed for you and him... Hate to think how I would feel if this happened to be... Cant believe they have been so careless too you should name and shame the company who were bringing him over bastards!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:24 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

I wish you all the luck in the world to find him, good luck, It;s a shame you can;t walk the other dog around the area in hope they will sence each other.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:26 am

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

We saw this story on the news last night, Our dog did the same trip a few months ago and I know we would have been devastated if this had happened to her, I hope you find him soon.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Really sorry to hear about Toby, I do hope that he is home very soon. Please post when he is back with you where he belongs.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:43 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember how to send karma but I'm sending you massive good vibes that you find your poor pooch, what happened is absolutely horrible and I can't believe the blase attitude of the shipping company!

Do let us know when you find him, my dog used to go missing regularly and I know how devastating it is.

T
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

I wish you the very best of luck with finding Toby quickly, and greatly look forward to hearing the good news when you do xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.