Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help please with form 47sk

Help please with form 47sk

Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Question Help please with form 47sk

Still completing my application form....and wandering about Question 52 relating to previous travel to OZ and my visa number.
I had an electronic paper visa sent to me whilst in NZ, of which the paper is missing, so I have no knowledge of the number. Should I attempt to get this information from not sure where??? or will it be enough to state it was an electronic visa and the paper is missing on the application form?

Also Part J on the form - the skills matching data base section.
Do I need to complete this as well as the general skilled, even though I have 125 points, and I assume this is at extra cost?

Any help greatly appreciated.. getting stressed as form should've been sent off by now. stupidly got another stamp on passport which needs certifying. Speaking of which, do I need to get the written pages eg HRH stamp etc certified also,as I've only copied my travel stamped pages??

All I need now is my employers references/info, a couple more certified copies of documents and passport photos of my family. Not sure why these are necessary where they are not going.
Oh God hopefully it will all be over and sent by May. Form must be sent by June as I'll loose points! :scared: oh and now I seemed to have lost my pic....
Thank you
Sunflower7
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please with form 47sk

Originally Posted by sunflower7
Still completing my application form....and wandering about Question 52 relating to previous travel to OZ and my visa number.
I had an electronic paper visa sent to me whilst in NZ, of which the paper is missing, so I have no knowledge of the number. Should I attempt to get this information from not sure where??? or will it be enough to state it was an electronic visa and the paper is missing on the application form?
If you don't know the number then that's fine as it says "if known". Just put what you can remember.

Do I need to complete this as well as the general skilled, even though I have 125 points, and I assume this is at extra cost?
No you don't need to fill this in. But if you do it will not cost you a penny.
Any help greatly appreciated.. getting stressed as form should've been sent off by now. stupidly got another stamp on passport which needs certifying. Speaking of which, do I need to get the written pages eg HRH stamp etc certified also,as I've only copied my travel stamped pages??
I thought it was only the bio dated pages that needed certifying, although it could have changed.
All I need now is my employers references/info, a couple more certified copies of documents and passport photos of my family. Not sure why these are necessary where they are not going.
Oh God hopefully it will all be over and sent by May. Form must be sent by June as I'll loose points! :scared: oh and now I seemed to have lost my pic....
Thank you
Sunflower7
Do you need to include photo's of all your family, that wasn't the case before when we did ours in August. I would check again just to be sure. All we needed was whoever was actually in the application.

Calm down hun, take a deep breath it will all be fine.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

[QUOTE=WendyC]

Great thanks Wendy.

The required photos for family I read in booklet 6 lodging an application/additional documents pg 13, stating all family members whether migrating or not must include 4 passport photos each, with name and DOB. Perhaps there is more recent booklet now, although nothing is mentioned in the checklist for 47sK...

Being a bit thick, the 'bio dated pages' of my passport means the blank ones stamped with my destinations??

Oh so whats the $1,885 cost for skill matching matching on the fees pages? confusion is setting in... is for someone applying via another route than 136?

Thanks again
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Great thanks Wendy.

The required photos for family I read in booklet 6 lodging an application/additional documents pg 13, stating all family members whether migrating or not must include 4 passport photos each, with name and DOB. Perhaps there is more recent booklet now, although nothing is mentioned in the checklist for 47sK...
I understand now, what that means is, if like me you have a dependant who isn't migrating with you, then you need to send a photo of them. No need to send one of brothers/ sister / parents etc. Just immediate family.

Being a bit thick, the 'bio dated pages' of my passport means the blank ones stamped with my destinations??
Bio dated pages are the ones with your photo at the back. Although it won't hurt to send the ones with stamps on. like I say that could have changed as the forms are a lot more security conscious than when we did ours.
Oh so whats the $1,885 cost for skill matching matching on the fees pages? confusion is setting in... is for someone applying via another route than 136?
Don't know what that means. I only know that we filled in the skills matching part, it then gets put on a database for a year so employers can contact you if they think you are suitable. I have only had one e-mail and that was from Queensland saying they were having a recruitment drive on May 6th. There is definately no fee to go on the list. But you don't have to, it's entirely up to yourself.
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Just to say I agree with everything Wendy said. The questions you asked are the exact same ones I asked before sending my application and everyone that replyed to me gave me the advice Wendy has given you so I'd go along with it. Good luck with it all.
Tracie
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Just to say I agree with everything Wendy said. The questions you asked are the exact same ones I asked before sending my application and everyone that replyed to me gave me the advice Wendy has given you so I'd go along with it. Good luck with it all.
Tracie
Thanks for the reassurance, most welcome
might crack open the wine soon...
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Wendy, just finished the employment history section on form 80, needed the additional sheet as I'm sure everyone does. Not much room on the form. Will have another look at passport copies and may save some money...
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cheers Wendy, just finished the employment history section on form 80, needed the additional sheet as I'm sure everyone does. Not much room on the form. Will have another look at passport copies and may save some money...

Good Luck I hope you don't have too long a wait
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:55 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Sunflower7
Hi sunflower....chill out! easier said than done, now I have almost completed mine! lol

skill matching you can fill in if you want. it may be used for other types of visa where people might not have enough points (I think) but it doesn't cost anything to complete it. i didn't do it even though I have 120 points....felt I'd done enough paperwork...hope it doesn't backfire on me!

All stamped pages in passports need to be copied and certified along with your biodata page (photo bit at the back) for all family members included in your application. Each family member in the application also needs to send 4 passport photos.

Best of luck with it!

jackie x
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:56 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie

I asked them all too didn't I Tracie and Wendy??? lol
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
I asked them all too didn't I Tracie and Wendy??? lol

Thanks Jackie, glad I'm not only one who thinks they are going slightly mad!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:01 pm
Living the Dream!

Well its not the most user friendly form I've filled in! I think form 80 was worse than SK47! I've only got to number the pages now.....been saying that for 3 days now....lol

come on I'll join you with a glass of wine then.....as you've twisted my arm!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

We've all suffered from immigrationitis at some stage !
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:08 pm
Living the Dream!

Originally Posted by john_w
We've all suffered from immigrationitis at some stage !
Yes thats true John. But at least we have a cure for it!
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Yes thats true John. But at least we have a cure for it!
yes I'll second that