Help please?

Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:21 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Help please?

Hi

Posted yesterday no replies (getting a complex now)

Anyway - we are planning to go to Sydney next year and poss Perth to have a look around. Looking to go for about 6 weeks to get a feel for the areas.

Whats the best accomodation options, any advice greatly appreciated???

Have relatives out there but do not wish to impose on them so that's out..

Georgina & Andy
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please?

Originally Posted by andy&georgina
Hi

Anyway - we are planning to go to Sydney next year and poss Perth to have a look around. Looking to go for about 6 weeks to get a feel for the areas.

Georgina & Andy
Hi Georgina & Andy,

There are several options available, hotel, furnished apartment, holiday apartment, campsite, youth hostel, house swap... it depends what you are looking for? If you can give me a bit more of a hint I will give you some links to some good places to get searching!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 2:29 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
Hi Georgina & Andy,

There are several options available, hotel, furnished apartment, holiday apartment, campsite, youth hostel, house swap... it depends what you are looking for? If you can give me a bit more of a hint I will give you some links to some good places to get searching!

Hiya

Thanks for you reply.

Looking for perhaps hotel or holiday apartment as maybe the apartment will give us a feel for living there,i.e. having to go out food shopping etc. (thats what Andy reckons...heheee so guess he will be cooking each night)
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:40 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello when we went to Perth we rented a house for a couple of weeks. www.stayz.com.au has some listed I think.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:44 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Clippies
Hello when we went to Perth we rented a house for a couple of weeks. www.stayz.com.au has some listed I think.

Thanks Clippies - having a look now - some LOVELY & PRICEY ones on there too- I can dream
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:54 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Clippies - having a look now - some LOVELY & PRICEY ones on there too- I can dream
The prices vary on the time of year you go. For us there were two other couples so it was split 3 ways - meant we could get a pretty big house fairly cheap.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:57 pm
Banned

The prices vary on the time of year you go. For us there were two other couples so it was split 3 ways - meant we could get a pretty big house fairly cheap.

That's good you were able to do that- there was a lovely one on the front page to draw me in of a lovely water front house on Gold Coast!!!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 3:59 pm

That's good you were able to do that- there was a lovely one on the front page to draw me in of a lovely water front house on Gold Coast!!!
There are some fab ones! Just be aware, that most do not include linen or towels - you have to pay extra for those so always get a quote first. If you go on www.google.com.au and search for holiday rentals you might get some more websites.
Old Sep 10th 2006, 4:06 pm
Banned

There are some fab ones! Just be aware, that most do not include linen or towels - you have to pay extra for those so always get a quote first. If you go on www.google.com.au and search for holiday rentals you might get some more websites.
Thanks so much for your help...

So where are heading to?
Old Sep 10th 2006, 4:52 pm

Thanks so much for your help...

So where are heading to?
Probably Perth
Old Sep 10th 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I've used stayz.com.au loads of times for staying in various places in Oz, including Perth.
They have been excellent every time, although obviously it depends on the individual accommodation being offered as they are all private rentals, so maybe I've just been lucky
But I'd still recommend them.
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:01 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

Hi

Georgina & Andy
Hi Georgina and Andy, we have short term accommodation in Rockingham, South of Perth. We have found people have come to us after staying in hotels and thought that places like ours were the best option. In hotels you have to eat in restaurants and even buy things one at a time and often having two rooms it is twice the cost. Our cottage works out to $87 per night for two bedrooms with two spa's..Also the fact you have your own kitchen and normal fridge for all the food (and drinks). On our web page we have links to other accommodation sites and Kimi off BE has houses north of the river as well. You can find us at www.cedarcottagewa.com Good luck for next year. Suzette and Will
Old Sep 11th 2006, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by cedar cottage
Hi Georgina and Andy, we have short term accommodation in Rockingham, South of Perth. We have found people have come to us after staying in hotels and thought that places like ours were the best option. In hotels you have to eat in restaurants and even buy things one at a time and often having two rooms it is twice the cost. Our cottage works out to $87 per night for two bedrooms with two spa's..Also the fact you have your own kitchen and normal fridge for all the food (and drinks). On our web page we have links to other accommodation sites and Kimi off BE has houses north of the river as well. You can find us at www.cedarcottagewa.com Good luck for next year. Suzette and Will
I agree, for us it worked out much cheaper to rent for a couple of weeks. Also meant we could have our own bbq's
Old Sep 11th 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again,

You could also try looking on www.gumtree.com.au, it's like a classified ads online site, and people somtimes advertise short lets or home swaps etc on there. You can sometimes get good deals on holiday apartments too. I would laos recommend looking at these sites for some good deals:

www.lastminute.com.au
www.wotif.com.au

If you still don't find what oyu are looking for let me know - I have a whole host of other good places you could look.

Suzi