help please

Old Apr 19th 2003, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

smudge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help please

hi can anyone tell me if they have invested $100,000 in australian gov and if so do you get it back and with what interest is it a good idea thanks debbie
Old Apr 19th 2003, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help please

Smudge

I believe you can get it back after at least one year of investment. Not sure what interest it will get.

Gazza
Old Apr 19th 2003, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Default help please

Thanks Gazza,do you know if there is any possibility that after investing you could lose your money?Smudge
Old Apr 19th 2003, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi Smudge

Most of the info you need to know with regards to investing $100,000 bond is on the following site posted by one of this forums very popular migration agents i.e. Alan Collett:

http://www.gomatilda.com/news/articl...articleid=155.

We have recently been asked to lodge our $100,000 and I have gotten most of the information I needed from the very useful link above.

I have followed the info given on the above link and emailed all the Australian Treasuries who in turn have replied giving their current interest rates and a step by step process on how to lodge. It's fairly straight forward process.

As far as I understand your money is completely safe with any government treasuries and interest is paid at 6 monthly intervals. Once the twelve months is up your money is yours to do with as you please.

Good luck
Old Apr 19th 2003, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Default help please

Thanks Diana,we,re currently looking at using Go Matilda so the info you gave is good we will look into it now we were points short on skills so this was an option thanks again smudge
Old Apr 20th 2003, 9:41 am
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

We posted our bond last month and the process was very straightforward and pretty much as has already been described The money will be returned to you with interest 12 months after lodging. Only point I need to remember is to notify them of our permanent address once we get to Oz so they know where to send the cheque!

Steph
Old Apr 21st 2003, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Steph,what happens if you havent got your visa through after the 12 months does your money stay in australia till you get there? smudge
Old Apr 21st 2003, 11:15 am
Finally made it

Originally posted by smudge
Thanks Steph,what happens if you havent got your visa through after the 12 months does your money stay in australia till you get there? smudge
Good question! Seriously though, firstly, they ask for your bond right at the very last minute prior to granting your visa (although of course there are still no guarantees). Our visa's were approved the same day that Adelaide received confirmation of the investment. Secondly, on the bond application form it asks for an address to forward certificate to and reminds you to update the address if any changes are made. If for whatever reason you did not get your visa or decided not to stay, I would imagine they would return your investment proceeds on maturity to the original address on the form.

Hope this helps

Steph
Old Apr 21st 2003, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Default re help please

Thats good news thanksa lot for your help i am getting more mithered as it goes on and we have only just started god knows what i will be like at the end smudge
Old Apr 21st 2003, 11:41 am
Finally made it

It took us 20 months and at the end we were extremely frazzled! I keep looking in my passport now though and everytime I see the words "Holder permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely" it all seems worth it. Chin up and keep going, at least it doesn't appear to be taking anywhere near that sort of time now and you won't be suffering for too long in anticipation.

Steph
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi steph when are you going and where to? thanks for the kind words they help i must stop biting my nails as i am nearly up to my elbows smudge
Old Apr 22nd 2003, 11:19 pm
Finally made it

Hi Smudge

We're off to Perth, hopefully in July. Our house is on the market and we are now keeping fingers crossed that it sells quickly and painlessly (HA HA). Not holding out a lot of hope given the problems others on the site have endured. Don't want to do a lot more to do at this stage until we get to exchange of contracts. Luckily we have Glastonbury festival to look forward to at the end of June. We only discovered it 3 yrs ago (we're both in our 40's) and it's now a major highlight of our year, so that's giving us something else to look forward to.

I'd start sampling large amounts of Aussie wine if I were you. Makes things less stressful and gets you in practice for when you do get there. Works for me!

Steph
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

hi steph,between you and my hubby i will be a raving alcoholic thanks for advice good luck in perth and enjoy glastonbury smudge
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 2:06 pm
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

HI Smudge,

What sort of visa are you applying for? How many points do you get for investment?

Emma
Old Apr 23rd 2003, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Emma,we are applying for skilled worker visa and i think it is 5 points for the investment hope this helps smudge