Help please

Old Mar 9th 2003, 9:32 pm
Hew
Just Joined

Hew is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Help please

:confused: Hi, I'm Darren's wife, first time on here.
We are considering emigrating to Oz. We need some advice on occupation's. Iam a mobile hairdresser and Darren is a Kitchen fitter. My occupation is recognised but Darren's is'nt as he is'nt a joiner. He also has his class 1 licence and Hiab so does any one known wnich occupation he would be better off using for our application. Also is it quicker and easier to buy a business instead of skilled immigration.
Old Mar 9th 2003, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Hairdressers are on the skills in demand list and you may be able to get STNI from Victoria....you may not need your hubbies skills if you get nomination from the state
Old Mar 10th 2003, 3:22 am

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Hi Darrens wife

I too am an hairdresser living and working in OZ (last 5 months). If your going through on your skill it should'nt really matter about your husbands skill unless you need extra points. I would go with his class 1 because he will be able to prove his skill and work history which is all the immigration seems to be intrested in.

Has for you there seems to be lots of work out here for hairdressers I got a job within the first few weeks, and within 3 weeks i was made manageress. When i first arrived i had to apply for a licence and could'nt get a job untill my licence was granted so make sure you bring all your certificates and detailed referances with you. The pay is a lot better out here has well, the award pay at the moment is about $au 15.30 (about £6 an hour) but most employers pay a bit more.

Hope this helped and if you need anymore info on hairdressing in oz please feel free to send me an email

Debbie jo
Old Mar 10th 2003, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

What about Cabinet Maker ?

Or what about his occupation before he started fitting Kitchen Cabinets ?
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:04 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please

Originally posted by Darren Hewitt
Hi, I'm Darren's wife, first time on here.
We are considering emigrating to Oz. We need some advice on occupation's. Iam a mobile hairdresser and Darren is a Kitchen fitter. My occupation is recognised but Darren's is'nt as he is'nt a joiner. He also has his class 1 licence and Hiab so does any one known wnich occupation he would be better off using for our application. Also is it quicker and easier to buy a business instead of skilled immigration.
All hairdressers welcome too many for my liking , your hubby will get a job no problem theres loads of cabinet makers around .