British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help please (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-please-111642/)

Grub Sep 20th 2002 12:08 pm

Help please

Dear All

Have just had my sister on phone from Perth v. upset.
Brief History:
Application lodged Dec 2000. Heard July 2002- family sponsored application. They had already left UK for 2 mths travel before arriving in Oz early Sept. They expected straightforward but no. They wanted ref's on my sis, Oz police checks (as they had spent a year travelling Oz in 97/98), all my uncles stuff (tax i think) was out of date so he had to re-submit etc etc. They have just got all the info to the HC in London to be told THAT THEY WILL TAKE 5 MONTHS TO OPEN THE POST that their police checks are in. This means the house they have offered on they cant buy, they cant get jobs ie they have no rights at all. Their holiday visa is only for 6 months so they are in a terrible situation.
What can they do? Surely if the case is open and current that they want to close it as soon as possible. Surely they cannot take 5 months to open a letter. Everything is going to expire now.

If someone can shed some light on this/ give me some advice then i will pass it on. They would be so grateful.

Thanks everyone

Nicky

Grub Sep 20th 2002 1:19 pm

Re: Help please

Oh yes- and BTW they are being processed by Team 1 so what hope is there for the rest of us.

Nicky [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

ian Sep 20th 2002 1:25 pm

Wasn't there a thing where you wrote your file number and Team on the envelope?

Perhaps they get opened as soon as they come in because they are open cases?

Sorry, dont really know. :confused:

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Oh yes- and BTW they are being processed by Team 1 so what hope is there for the rest of us.

Nicky

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Grub Sep 20th 2002 1:47 pm

Have paid £2500 for the privelege of having supposedly do this for us. What a big fat waste of money that was. Wish i had gone with Go Matilda- at least they know what they are doing (and they are cheaper!)

ndaltonb Sep 20th 2002 5:05 pm

Nicky,

Sounds like your sister got a letter from AHC. Is that correct? If so I might have the case officer's name.

Suggest you call AHC on Monday and ask to speak to the person who wrote the letter and they could be quite helpful.

Maybe this will cast a bit of hope. I received a letter asking for birth certificates and ask to confirm I hadn't been back to Ireland since the date of our Irish police check. The letter then went on to say that AHC noted that my sponsorship forms run out at end of Oct but hopefully all this info could be cleared up in time. If not possible, then tax certificates and new sponsorship form would be required. All in all they have been very helpful and all queries are now cleared up and I have 6 weeks to post bond and go get the visa.

Explain the situation and that this info is being sent in response to a query from AHC.

Best of luck

Nigel db

They wanted ref's on my sis, ....

ptlabs Sep 20th 2002 5:49 pm

Have paid £2500 for the privelege of having supposedly do this for us. What a big fat waste of money that was.

Hmmm... a case of one zero too many? (pun intended)

M. Schmidt Sep 20th 2002 10:55 pm

Where can I see my "team"? Is it a part of the file number? I've made our
app. in Dec. 2001 in Adelaide.

Thx Michael

"NickyTurner" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:420605.1032527944@britishexpats-
.com
    > Oh yes- and BTW they are being processed by Team 1 so what hope is there
    > for the rest of us.
    > Nicky
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Alan Collett Sep 21st 2002 7:51 am

Hello Nicky.

5 months sounds rather excessive, and I can only suggest a telephone call to the case officer (if you haven't done this already).

Does she have a migration agent acting for her? If so, leaving aside the fact that some planning might have avoided the present situation, the agent should also be seeking clarification on your sister's behalf.

I'm afraid all this just goes to show how things can go wrong if you jump the gun ...

Not sure that we can help to any significant extent, but please feel able to email me directly if you or your sister want any further assistance.

Best regards.

Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Nicky,

Sounds like your sister got a letter from AHC. Is that correct? If so I might have the case officer's name.

Suggest you call AHC on Monday and ask to speak to the person who wrote the letter and they could be quite helpful.

Maybe this will cast a bit of hope. I received a letter asking for birth certificates and ask to confirm I hadn't been back to Ireland since the date of our Irish police check. The letter then went on to say that AHC noted that my sponsorship forms run out at end of Oct but hopefully all this info could be cleared up in time. If not possible, then tax certificates and new sponsorship form would be required. All in all they have been very helpful and all queries are now cleared up and I have 6 weeks to post bond and go get the visa.

Explain the situation and that this info is being sent in response to a query from AHC.

Best of luck

Nigel db

ndaltonb Sep 21st 2002 10:01 am

Michael,

I know that in this case it refers to Team one and team two in London AHC. London have split applications alphabetically.

nigel

[SIZE=1]Originally posted by M. Schmidt:
Where can I see my "team"? Is it a part of the file number? I've made our
app. in Dec. 2001 in Adelaide.

Thx Michael

Jaj Sep 21st 2002 9:45 pm

>On Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:08:45 +0000, NickyTurner wrote:
    >Dear All
    >Have just had my sister on phone from Perth v. upset.
    >Brief History:
    >Application lodged Dec 2000. Heard July 2002- family sponsored
    >application. They had already left UK for 2 mths travel before arriving
    >in Oz early Sept. They expected straightforward but no.

No-one should ever expect that.

They wanted
    >ref's on my sis, Oz police checks (as they had spent a year travelling
    >Oz in 97/98), all my uncles stuff (tax i think) was out of date so he
    >had to re-submit etc etc. They have just got all the info to the HC in
    >London to be told THAT THEY WILL TAKE 5 MONTHS TO OPEN THE POST

That rumour rearing its ugly head again. Does anyone *really* believe
that they just let post pile up in the mailroom for 5 months?

> that
    > their police checks are in. This means the house they have offered on
    > they cant buy, they cant get jobs ie they have no rights at all. Their
    > holiday visa is only for 6 months so they are in a terrible situation.
    > What can they do? Surely if the case is open and current that they want
    > to close it as soon as possible. Surely they cannot take 5 months to
    > open a letter. Everything is going to expire now.
    >If someone can shed some light on this/ give me some advice then i will
    >pass it on. They would be so grateful.

I think Alan pointed out that they shouldn't have jumped the gun on
their migration application. They did precisely what they were told
*not* to do by DIMIA. At this stage, all they can do is call their
case officer and ask nicely - but the case officer is perfectly within
his rights to say no. After all, if word gets out that all you need
to do to speed up your application is go to Australia, everyone might
do it.

Jeremy

baldbutts Sep 22nd 2002 9:41 am

Originally posted by Jaj:

After all, if word gets out that all you need
to do to speed up your application is go to Australia, everyone might
do it.

Jeremy

Hardly think that 21 months down the line is speeding things up!But then we're talking about AHC London here,who are getting their P45's once the last applicants dealt with.

Alan Sep 22nd 2002 10:01 pm

Well it would explain the LONG wait. If Adelaide can process visa's in 50
weeks and AHC take 76 weeks. The question has to be why ?

"baldbutts" wrote in message
news:421990.1032687700@britishexpats-
.com
    > Originally posted by Jaj:
    > >
    > > After all, if word gets out that all you need
    > > to do to speed up your application is go to Australia, everyone might
    > > do it.
    > >
    > >
    > > Jeremy
    > >
    > Hardly think that 21 months down the line is speeding things up!But then
    > we're talking about AHC London here,who are getting their P45's once the
    > last applicants dealt with.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

pommie bastard Sep 23rd 2002 4:46 am

Dear All

Have just had my sister on phone from Perth v. upset.
Brief History:
Application lodged Dec 2000. Heard July 2002- family sponsored application. They had already left UK for 2 mths travel before arriving in Oz early Sept. They expected straightforward but no. They wanted ref's on my sis, Oz police checks (as they had spent a year travelling Oz in 97/98), all my uncles stuff (tax i think) was out of date so he had to re-submit etc etc. They have just got all the info to the HC in London to be told THAT THEY WILL TAKE 5 MONTHS TO OPEN THE POST that their police checks are in. This means the house they have offered on they cant buy, they cant get jobs ie they have no rights at all. Their holiday visa is only for 6 months so they are in a terrible situation.
What can they do? Surely if the case is open and current that they want to close it as soon as possible. Surely they cannot take 5 months to open a letter. Everything is going to expire now.

If someone can shed some light on this/ give me some advice then i will pass it on. They would be so grateful.

Thanks everyone

Nicky

Is it a case of do not jump the gun? , this is the way not to do it but try the local MP they can be very helpful we had a good guy who helped with our sons visa.The MPs here will try for your family if asked the nobodies at the imagration do sit up and take notice if MP is involved.Best Wishes:D :beer:

Grub Sep 23rd 2002 1:25 pm

Ta for all the help everyone- can someone tell me though- is it true that AHC are taking 5 mths to open post then what happens when they finally open our case and ask for our police clearances and medicals. Would it be better to hand deliver them (pref. with small hand gun in pocket so will open said post on demand!)
Dont really want to schlep to London but am v. desperate to wrap this up. Alan- any advice. Are the HC talking out of their a**** or is this the case. Can someone find out before i go crazy(-er).

Lovely
Nicky
x

Jaj Sep 23rd 2002 8:48 pm

>On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:25:48 +0000, NickyTurner wrote:
    >Ta for all the help everyone- can someone tell me though- is it true
    >that AHC are taking 5 mths to open post then what happens when they
    >finally open our case and ask for our police clearances and medicals.

Has it occurred to you that it might NOT be true?

Jeremy