Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help packers coming Thurs - can I take?

Help packers coming Thurs - can I take?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default Help packers coming Thurs - can I take?

Hi there just a quick question as I am up to my eyeballs in rubbish! Packers are coming on Thursday and I am trying to sort stuff out - Can I take my medicine cabinet with continents - Just the usual paracetamol, ibuprofen and a few bottles of childrens meds? Also I have some cleaning stuff which I adore (sad I know) that you dilute down with water - have full litre bottle so will last ages - can I take that

Please help - Not long now

Lindsey
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help packers coming Thurs - can I take?

Hi!

The removal men will be able to tell you what you can take. I suppose as long as the cleaning fluid can't leak it'd be okay. I put stuff like that in those zip lock bags ever since a friend had a shampoo bottle leak in her case when we were going on holiday!

Know what you mean about the rubbish, I was convinced someone was putting stuff in cupboards while I wasn't looking!!

Best of Luck!!

Maggie
Old Sep 4th 2007, 3:10 am
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Hi, my freind got a phone call ref some calpol that had been packed, she told them just to bin it. They also packed her small old BBQ of which she got told to bin it was about $10 less then the cleaning bill for it, she didn't want it to of been packed but they just swoop in and do the lot. the packers that packed my house packed everything, not sure there concerned about what they pack, although they did take the batteries out of the kids toys, (I took the batteries out of my toys!)
Old Sep 4th 2007, 6:06 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

my best advise would be not to take anything that you can get over there. It is just not worth the hassle.

Medicines you can get over there, and it's not worth the hassle with customs if they are in that frame of mind.

Cleaning stuff, personally i wouldn't, in case of a spillage you will have to pay for the container to be cleaned etc and may ruin some of your stuff. It's just not worth it.

if you google aussie customs, on their web site is a list of things you can and cant take with you.

If you are still not sure, sent them an email and they will give you the answer.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Monty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to allMonty023 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Hi there just a quick question as I am up to my eyeballs in rubbish! Packers are coming on Thursday and I am trying to sort stuff out - Can I take my medicine cabinet with continents - Just the usual paracetamol, ibuprofen and a few bottles of childrens meds? Also I have some cleaning stuff which I adore (sad I know) that you dilute down with water - have full litre bottle so will last ages - can I take that

Lindsey
Im just unpacking all our stuff and anything not tied down was wrapped and packed including kitchen cupboard stuff and medicines!!!!!! The packers just get on with the job and you'll be so busy organising things you wont know what has been packed, unless you have sorted it all!
Thank goodness all our stuff was well wrapped!!!!!! (just wish I had kept the dishwasher salt, cos I can't find any here! Good luck with the move.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

rabbitstew is an unknown quantity at this point

I brought my medicine with me in my suitcase and declared it at customs and some chocolate and sailed through. Not sure about cleaning stuff.

Originally Posted by nurselindsey

Lindsey
Old Sep 5th 2007, 12:55 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Monty023
Im just unpacking all our stuff and anything not tied down was wrapped and packed including kitchen cupboard stuff and medicines!!!!!! The packers just get on with the job and you'll be so busy organising things you wont know what has been packed, unless you have sorted it all!
Thank goodness all our stuff was well wrapped!!!!!! (just wish I had kept the dishwasher salt, cos I can't find any here! Good luck with the move.
I know what you mean - the packers very carefully wrapped and packed an old bowl on the side that we used to throw bits from your pockets and stuff you didn't know where to put away (or couldn't be arsed to put away) ie. wrappers, batteries, bits of toys, notes, hair bobs, a lighter, tea light, bits of jewellery, chewing gum, screw driver and numerous pens (most of which didn't work!)