Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help, Our Friends In Trouble

Help, Our Friends In Trouble

Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:23 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Exclamation Help, Our Friends In Trouble

We hope that someone can assist us. Our friends landed in brisbane 4 weeks ago and have run into a problem. They shipped over a whole load of tools before leaving, but some how have lost all the contact details for the company. Had an email from them today asking if we could find out who the company was. All we know is that they advertise in the Australian news, by outbound publishing. Apparantly it is a large ad that says they ship from the UK to Brisbane and ship small packages.
Has anyone got a copy of the paper that we could have (obviously we would pay) or suggest any companies that advetise.
Our old copies have gone for recycling.
Going away til friday so will pick up replies then.

Neil and Mandy.

Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:41 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Help, Our Friends In Trouble

I bookmarked Outbound's web site yonks ago, dunno if it is of any use:

http://www.outboundpublishing.com/

This is the web page for Australian news:

http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...n=000009000001

At the very least you could call Outbound & ask them who the advertisers are.

Good luck!

Anya.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:51 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I bookmarked Outbound's web site yonks ago, dunno if it is of any use:

http://www.outboundpublishing.com/

This is the web page for Australian news:

http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...n=000009000001

At the very least you could call Outbound & ask them who the advertisers are.

Good luck!

Anya.
Thanks for the link Anya. Unfortunately nothing found. I'll try and call them

Neil
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
Thanks for the link Anya. Unfortunately nothing found. I'll try and call them

Neil
How did they pay for the shipping? If by cheque, see if the bank has a copy. If by credit card, it should be on their statement etc.

Jeremy
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

roiboit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I have looked in the September edition and although all the ads say they can deliver everywhere, I only found 2 big ads that specifically talk about small deliveries.
Does either of these ring a bell?

White and Company ("whatever the amount, large or small") and has a picture of a kangooroo all wrapped up in packing paper.

Robinsons ("no destination too far, no shipment too small"), picture of Sydney in red tones and another of a smiling sales rep (male).

oh yes, also seven seas baggages service: "we'll take the excess" talking more about extra baggage than a total move.

good luck - I can PM the phone numbers if your friend recognizes one of the above.

roiboit