Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed will work 4 free to be able to get 1 step closer to gaining my licencing.

Help needed will work 4 free to be able to get 1 step closer to gaining my licencing.

Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Help needed will work 4 free to be able to get 1 step closer to gaining my licencing.

For me now to gain my RPL in sprinklers I'm require to meet a very basic skill in welding steel using arc welding equipment and cut and weld mild steel pipe using oxy-acetylene equipment.

For those who haven't come across my plight I've been in OZ over a year now and been going round and round in circles trying to get my licencing all the time not being allowed to work.

So if I can prove that I'm able to preform these tasks to a very basic standard I might be just getting somewhere.

So if any1 can help me to learn the basics I'm will to travel anywhere (even back in the UK) and work for free to gain these skills. I'm just waiting to here from J.I.S.T to what is required.

Cheers

Ron
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help needed will work 4 free to be able to get 1 step closer to gaining my licenc

Originally Posted by rocket01
For me now to gain my RPL in sprinklers I'm require to meet a very basic skill in welding steel using arc welding equipment and cut and weld mild steel pipe using oxy-acetylene equipment.

For those who haven't come across my plight I've been in OZ over a year now and been going round and round in circles trying to get my licencing all the time not being allowed to work.

So if I can prove that I'm able to preform these tasks to a very basic standard I might be just getting somewhere.

So if any1 can help me to learn the basics I'm will to travel anywhere (even back in the UK) and work for free to gain these skills. I'm just waiting to here from J.I.S.T to what is required.

Cheers

Ron
can't help you mate, just wanted to say good luck
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:32 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Help needed will work 4 free to be able to get 1 step closer to gaining my licenc

If you intend to work for free, I suggest you get it agreed in writing. Employers can get into a lot of strife for taking on people without paying them, even if only for a short period.

Good luck; I hope it works out for you.

Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed will work 4 free to be able to get 1 step closer to gaining my licenc

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
If you intend to work for free, I suggest you get it agreed in writing. Employers can get into a lot of strife for taking on people without paying them, even if only for a short period.

Good luck; I hope it works out for you.

stuff the employers vash this lad is going out on a limb.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

Ron
Mate,
contact the local TAFE plumbing department - I suggest face to face as it is harder to say no
It's part of the plumbing exam..... I had to do it at Heidleberg TAFE in Melbourne so I am sure your local one would offer it

Good Luck with it..... I got so peed off jumping thru hoops ( despite having qualified in 1980 with a 5 yr apprenticeship ) that I moved into design & project management of Gas systems instead
Old Dec 15th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rossi
Mate,
contact the local TAFE plumbing department - I suggest face to face as it is harder to say no
It's part of the plumbing exam..... I had to do it at Heidleberg TAFE in Melbourne so I am sure your local one would offer it

Good Luck with it..... I got so peed off jumping thru hoops ( despite having qualified in 1980 with a 5 yr apprenticeship ) that I moved into design & project management of Gas systems instead
Good idea thanks mate.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi
Mate,
I was going to suggest the same.
Mr P did a fair amount of welding as part of his plumbing apprenticeship. Most of lecturers are people who work/did work in the trade and so are keen to help people striving to earn a living.

Local TAFEs are there to help generally!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Contacted tafe everyone on holiday until 18th Jan, how dare they.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:23 pm
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Ron
Go to a wrecker's yard and see if they'll let you cut up stuff.

Alternatively, buy an arc welder and start sticking stuff together.

It's not that hard to acquire basic skills.

It takes years of practice and native cunning to be able to weld well.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

This is what is required

http://www.ntis.gov.au/Default.aspx?...it/CPCPCM2012A

http://www.ntis.gov.au/Default.aspx?...it/CPCPCM2009A
Old Dec 19th 2009, 7:37 am

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

where is palm cove? Where are you? If you are near Brisbane perhaps I can help
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
Nowhere near. Up top end unfortunately (for you helping him, not for him - iyswim)
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cheers Vivienne I'm willing to travel or swim whatever is needed I'm up here in the far north.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 5:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Just north of Cairns!