Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help needed with visa app

help needed with visa app

Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future
Default help needed with visa app

Just filling in visa application, got positive skills assessment, howevever, how do we ensure that the transcript of my course and proof of registration arrive with our visa application when they are sent straight from the university and nursing governing body.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:44 am
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help needed with visa app

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
Just filling in visa application, got positive skills assessment, howevever, how do we ensure that the transcript of my course and proof of registration arrive with our visa application when they are sent straight from the university and nursing governing body.
I wondered about this too, I think it is just a case of matching up transcripts and registration proof with your application when they all arrive....only way to do it really,
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:57 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lindsey, that proof of registration is your letter of determination that you received from the ANMC. You just need to send the transcripts of your training courses again, references etc. Hope that helps.

Love Jackie x
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

I sent my transcripts with my application. I did this when registering with WA and for my skills assessment and there was no problem.
Tracie
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by conat
I wondered about this too, I think it is just a case of matching up transcripts and registration proof with your application when they all arrive....only way to do it really,
Hi
Think I replied with wrong info.
OH transcripts and proof of registration are being sent from university and NMC as well, Mrs JFW got it right. Sorry if I confused you further. We are all over the place with ours (but getting there) as we decided to do it without and agent.

BTW, Mrs JFW, your posts have been a tremendous help to us and we always search for them when we are stuck.

good luck with it all
(mrs conat)
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

Hi
OH transcripts and proof of registration are being sent from university and NMC as well, Mrs JFW got it right. Sorry if I confused you further. We are all over the place with ours (but getting there) as we decided to do it without and agent.

BTW, Mrs JFW, your posts have been a tremendous help to us and we always search for them when we are stuck.

good luck with it all
(mrs conat)
Thanks everyone

The concern is that the transcripts are sent directly from school of nursing to australia you cannot get your hands on them so how do you know that the transcripts and your application will end up together?

Sorry - may be I'm just over anxious
Lindsey
Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:16 pm
Account Closed

Thanks everyone

The concern is that the transcripts are sent directly from school of nursing to australia you cannot get your hands on them so how do you know that the transcripts and your application will end up together?

Lindsey
Hi Lindsey
I asked OH and he thinks, going by his search, that DIMIA (for Visa application 47SK) only requires a positive skills assessment which you have. Transcripts and proof of registration are for ANMC to provide you with said skills assessment
Here is the checklist for 47SK application,http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/ski...klists/136.pdf.
I will continue to search to see if this is right or maybe someone else from here will confirm/correct us. Will keep you posted with what we find out.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Thanks everyone

Lindsey
Lindsey, you can get your transcripts sent to you direct from school of nursing if you want, I did. It's your verification that has to be sent direct from NMC to nursing board for your skills assessment and registration in Aus. I dont think you need your verification to be sent to DIMIA for your visa, at least I hope not cause I haven't had mine sent.
Tracie
Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Lindsey, you can get your transcripts sent to you direct from school of nursing if you want, I did. It's your verification that has to be sent direct from NMC to nursing board for your skills assessment and registration in Aus. I dont think you need your verification to be sent to DIMIA for your visa, at least I hope not cause I haven't had mine sent.
Tracie
Great news, We thought you didn't need them for DIMIA, well not according to checklist. We were wondering the same as Lindsey when we seen her post.

When did you send off your visa application? and did you find the process ok
Old Apr 19th 2006, 11:50 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Tracie
Hi,

I initially applied to the ANMC and had a positive skills assessment done.

Recently I spoke to my agent and she told me i would need to ask the ANMC to transfer my file to the relevant body, where i want to work.

I e'mailed the South Aus Board and found out that they were already in reciept of my tra/.

they seem to be much more efficient than their UK counterparts!!

I only have to contact the registration dept on the 19th and i shiould be on my way!!
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Great news, We thought you didn't need them for DIMIA, well not according to checklist. We were wondering the same as Lindsey when we seen her post.

When did you send off your visa application? and did you find the process ok
Yea I went from the checklist as well so hopefully its O.K. I only sent the visa application off today and up until I sent it I thought it was a pretty O.K process but now that its gone I'm convinced I've made an mess of it :scared:
Tracie
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:09 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

good luck with it all
(mrs conat)
Awww thank you mrs conat! thats very kind of you to say, but everything I know I learned from other BE members! Its like big happy family! Well most of the time anyway!

Love Jackie x
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Awww thank you mrs conat! thats very kind of you to say, but everything I know I learned from other BE members! Its like big happy family! Well most of the time anyway!

Love Jackie x
Your welcome and thanks for reputation??????....is that karma????, if so yipppeeee..... first karma...thank you....see!! got loads to learn, when you are just searching posts you dont really pay attention to the cool stuff.
Will get the horrid visa stuff outta the way then have a look at what BE is really about..... site

p.s I'm Jackie too
Old Apr 21st 2006, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Your welcome and thanks for reputation??????....is that karma????, if so yipppeeee..... first karma...thank you....see!! got loads to learn, when you are just searching posts you dont really pay attention to the cool stuff.
Will get the horrid visa stuff outta the way then have a look at what BE is really about..... site

p.s I'm Jackie too

Hi guys

thankyou! for everything - just downloaded checklist that you sent jackie (Ithink) Realised I had an out of date copy thats why it read differently and I thought you had to send all transcripts etc!

Sent you more K

Lindsey
Old Apr 21st 2006, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Hi guys

thankyou! for everything - just downloaded checklist that you sent jackie (Ithink) Realised I had an out of date copy thats why it read differently and I thought you had to send all transcripts etc!

Sent you more K

Lindsey
Your welcome Lindsey, glad you got it sorted, it is really confusing with all the different forms and checklists, and they change so often too.

Thank you for the karma... just glad I could help you out

Good luck with it all
cheers
Jackie