British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help needed .... Pool looks like tea (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-needed-pool-looks-like-tea-311331/)

paygee Jun 30th 2005 12:19 pm

Help needed .... Pool looks like tea

Due to the lovely weather conditions , my pool now looks like a big cup of tea .
you know that horrible red sandy clay dirt thats stains everything it gets on , well its found its way into my `new` pool and i`m really concerned that it might stain it if its not treated properly. I called the pool company who put me onto a shop , who said get some `FLOC` which drops all the sand/muck/dirt to the bottom but what`s the next step without ruining my pool ? Anyone know the best thing to do , i have a pool cleaner , but i think there must be a proper procedure for this to be done . :confused: :confused: :confused:

biggy Jun 30th 2005 12:25 pm

Re: Help needed .... Pool looks like tea

Originally Posted by paygee
Due to the lovely weather conditions , my pool now looks like a big cup of tea .
you know that horrible red sandy clay dirt thats stains everything it gets on , well its found its way into my `new` pool and i`m really concerned that it might stain it if its not treated properly. I called the pool company who put me onto a shop , who said get some `FLOC` which drops all the sand/muck/dirt to the bottom but what`s the next step without ruining my pool ? Anyone know the best thing to do , i have a pool cleaner , but i think there must be a proper procedure for this to be done . :confused: :confused: :confused:

take the tea bag oot.....sorry couldnt resist

hevs Jun 30th 2005 12:30 pm

You would need to vac it out using the creepy crawly pipes and the backwash, i've tryed doing it but had no joy. Shane, my pool man, came round and did it in about 10 mins :rolleyes:

Bordy Jun 30th 2005 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by hevs
You would need to vac it out using the creepy crawly pipes and the backwash, i've tryed doing it but had no joy. Shane, my pool man, came round and did it in about 10 mins :rolleyes:

In his Speedos ?

hevs Jun 30th 2005 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
In his Speedos ?

:D

He got to know us very well in our first summer and shoved Leah in a treat!!:D

Scossie Jun 30th 2005 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
In his Speedos ?

Oooooohh.......

Suit you Sir.....

Speedos like that!

Oooooohh...!!!!:D

Bordy Jun 30th 2005 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Scossie
Oooooohh.......

Suit you Sir.....

Speedos like that!

:D :D Loved those two.

Also loved Ohhhhh Young mannnnnn.

hevs Jun 30th 2005 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Scossie
Oooooohh.......

Suit you Sir.....

Speedos like that!

ooohh, would you like to be mesured up sir??

ooohh an extra snug fit for the ladies sir??

Ohhh what a large inside leg sir, oohhh suits you !!!:D

We saw the fast show live in London, it was funny as and i ached with laughter for days. The opening of the show was "shooting Stars" also very funny:D

badger63 Jun 30th 2005 1:06 pm

First of all you will need to top your pool up to the highest level this is because you will be pumping water out of your pool in the final stage. Once the pool is topped up FLOC it following the directions on the bag basically add the Floc run the pump and brush all the walls of the pool once that is done, switch off the pump and leave it for 24 hours. After that time your water should be clear but all the sediment will be lying on the bottom of your pool. Now attach your Vacuum some people use the creepy crawly but it’s very random where it goes so I would suggest your vacuum brush on a pole. Attach the creepy crawly hose and to the filter box as you would do for the creepy crawly. Now switch your pump to WASTE and start it up now vacuum the dirt away moving slowly as not to disturb the sediment. If the water level falls below your filter box switch off the pump and top up your pool again.
After this you should get a nice clean pool....

hevs Jun 30th 2005 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by badger63
First of all you will need to top your pool up to the highest level this is because you will be pumping water out of your pool in the final stage. Once the pool is topped up FLOC it following the directions on the bag basically add the Floc run the pump and brush all the walls of the pool once that is done, switch off the pump and leave it for 24 hours. After that time your water should be clear but all the sediment will be lying on the bottom of your pool. Now attach your Vacuum some people use the creepy crawly but it’s very random where it goes so I would suggest your vacuum brush on a pole. Attach the creepy crawly hose and to the filter box as you would do for the creepy crawly. Now switch your pump to WASTE and start it up now vacuum the dirt away moving slowly as not to disturb the sediment. If the water level falls below your filter box switch off the pump and top up your pool again.

Thats what i ment :o :D

Its harder than it sounds though depending on where your pool controls are, good luck :)

johnnet Jun 30th 2005 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by badger63

Totally agree with all of the above, but also would be a good idea to shock dose the pool with Chlorine or whatever Disinfectant you used in your pool. Some places call it a Chlorine StStabiliser|_
Regards

Johnnet

renth Jul 1st 2005 1:34 am

Originally Posted by johnnet
Totally agree with all of the above, but also would be a good idea to shock dose the pool with Chlorine or whatever Disinfectant you used in your pool. Some places call it a Chlorine StStabiliser|_
Regards

Johnnet

Another tip when shocking a chlorine pool is just to use the powdered chlorine you get quite cheaply in the big tubs. I've seen the very same stuff sold in small sachets called "burn out" or whatever for $10 for about a handfull. The tubs are about $40 for 5 kilos.

Megalania Jul 1st 2005 2:10 am

First, stop runoff getting into pool.

Flocculate with dissolved aluminium chloride or sulphate as suggested above.

Scoop larger matter like leaves.

Vacuum to waste as suggested above, will take a fair amount of water unless you are skilled. For practice, before flocculating, vacuum normally (through filter) walking quickly but steadily around pool directing vacuum head in decreasing spiral.

Sodium hypochlorite solution is often cheaper than calcium hypochlorite granules when compared on the oxidation potential per $.

Badge Jul 1st 2005 7:49 am

Originally Posted by hevs

I love doing that - more efficient than the Creepy in some ways. I do it once every few weeks to catch the bits the creepy has missed. Vaguely satisfying.

the Chief of staff saw our pool go funny back in the late summer, was about to call said man Shane when I shocked the pool, ran the pump for 5 hours - Bob's your uncle.

I said "that's all he will do".

Pool came on nicely the next morning.

Badge

PS run the pump at night -
i) cheaper
ii) sun kills chlorine very quickly.

hevs Jul 1st 2005 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Badge
I love doing that - more efficient than the Creepy in some ways. I do it once every few weeks to catch the bits the creepy has missed. Vaguely satisfying.

the Chief of staff saw our pool go funny back in the late summer, was about to call said man Shane when I shocked the pool, ran the pump for 5 hours - Bob's your uncle.

I said "that's all he will do".

Pool came on nicely the next morning.

Badge

PS run the pump at night -
i) cheaper
ii) sun kills chlorine very quickly.

Mines not chlorinated so it does work a bit differently. The vaccing in our pool is hard to do with only one cos the bloody control box and filter are outside the fence and its a definate nack! I just stirred it up more and made it look worse. :( However the shock dosing and running the pump works well for normal greening:)