Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed, please!!

Help needed, please!!

Old Jan 24th 2006, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Ant & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant futureAnt & Kev has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Help needed, please!!

Originally Posted by Wol
I'm a little confused - are you coming permanently? 'cos your post seems to infer that you would be leaving some money back in the UK and you are wondering whether to bring more of it out.

If you are staying here, bring it all - it's a hassle keeping things back "home"!
In reply to this question, yes we are coming over to Perth permanently and we are bringing everything we own. The money that we will be bringing is all the money that we will have - we will get that from the sale of the house in the Uk. The post was to get opinions from people who are doing the same just to see if that would be enough to come out there with or whether or not we would really struggle.

Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Help needed, please!!

My answer to your quandry??? (sp) is yes that is plenty of money when you will have very little to spend it on with everything being paid for you at the beginning. Then just live within your means, which is very possible when you have a job and that amount of money behind you. You can rent a very nice house for a reasonable sum and even if you have to furnish the whole house you'd still have some left over. Your problem will be if you both want big new cars when you first arrive, then you will have a problem, but just watch your spending then it's easy, a lot easier than trying to survive in the UK on that sort of money.

Lindsey

Originally Posted by Ant & Kev
In reply to this question, yes we are coming over to Perth permanently and we are bringing everything we own. The money that we will be bringing is all the money that we will have - we will get that from the sale of the house in the Uk. The post was to get opinions from people who are doing the same just to see if that would be enough to come out there with or whether or not we would really struggle.

Old Jan 24th 2006, 11:29 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help needed, please!!

Originally Posted by Ant & Kev
Thank you for your replies, come on everyone i still need some more opinions. I know you have all either done or will be soon. I am looking for a good few more replies.

Thanks

Antoinette

If there is a job to go to them GO FOR IT!!!!