Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed please!

Help needed please!

Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough
Red face Help needed please!

Hi as some of you know we are nearly headed off to oz and fly next tuesday, the one thing that we are dreading is flying with 4 kids, 2 of them are very wriggly determined, noisy male 3 year olds!!!
Does anyone have it in their heart to tell us any secrets that may help, we thought about vodka for us and them but dr advised against it, ha joke! We mean like exiting toys or activities that would take ages.
Please bear in mind that the boys are not very good at concentration they prefer to tear around terrorising everyone!!
Please help and we will be forever in your debt.
Thankyou
Ash, megs, sam and james' mum (samjam)
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: Help needed please!

Originally Posted by samjam
Hi as some of you know we are nearly headed off to oz and fly next tuesday, the one thing that we are dreading is flying with 4 kids, 2 of them are very wriggly determined, noisy male 3 year olds!!!
Does anyone have it in their heart to tell us any secrets that may help, we thought about vodka for us and them but dr advised against it, ha joke! We mean like exiting toys or activities that would take ages.
Please bear in mind that the boys are not very good at concentration they prefer to tear around terrorising everyone!!
Please help and we will be forever in your debt.
Thankyou
Ash, megs, sam and james' mum (samjam)
PHENERGAN....Its not a toy, its not a game, its an antihistamine and you can buy it at any chemist.
But if all else fails and all hell breaks loose- the recommended dosage will send them to sleep for at least 4 hours with no ill effects
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

I have a very wild three year old and we frequently have to go on long car journeys we bought a leapster (made by the folks who make leapads) Its a type of games console thing that you can play educational games on, read stories, paint and draw on etc. They are not cheap but I know that it has saved my sanity on many occassion. Thomas got his last christmas he was just 2 then (3 in January). Woolworths sell them.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

I agree about the phenergan too. Dont tell the pharmacist what you want it for though they will probably ask. Tell them its for yourself - allergic reaction!

Lindsey
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

samjam will become famous soon enoughsamjam will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by desperate2go
PHENERGAN....Its not a toy, its not a game, its an antihistamine and you can buy it at any chemist.
But if all else fails and all hell breaks loose- the recommended dosage will send them to sleep for at least 4 hours with no ill effects

Thanks for that I will try to get it for them I wonder do you know if they are allowed it with asthma?
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:49 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Not quite the same, but we taught our 4 year old how to play card games, snap, chase the ace, and blackjack it kept him amused for hours on our holidays and on the flights (only short flights to europe though).
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by samjam
Thanks for that I will try to get it for them I wonder do you know if they are allowed it with asthma?
I am sure one of the nurses on here will know for sure but my daughter had asthma, though not severe, and there were no contraindications.
It really does work a treat and ensures they (and maybe you) get some, often much needed, sleep.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure its not contraindicated with asthma - we use it at work like handing out sweeties (I dont work with children though). The asthma issue is usually nurofen, ibuprofen type things!