Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed to make my Brain think it is Christmas soon!!

Help needed to make my Brain think it is Christmas soon!!

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:08 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold
Default Help needed to make my Brain think it is Christmas soon!!

Well I am in the shops and I cant hear the christmas carols, even got mums at school telling how they have their decorations up (far to early if you ask me!!) but I just cant get my head around the fact it is 30 odd degrees and it is Christmas in 4 weeks time!!

Its confusing my brain and it is starting to hurt () so just wondered if anyone had any great ideas or tips to help get into the christmas spirit!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed to make my Brain think it is Christmas soon!!

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Well I am in the shops and I cant hear the christmas carols, even got mums at school telling how they have their decorations up (far to early if you ask me!!) but I just cant get my head around the fact it is 30 odd degrees and it is Christmas in 4 weeks time!!

Its confusing my brain and it is starting to hurt () so just wondered if anyone had any great ideas or tips to help get into the christmas spirit!!!
wait till xmas eve, and go shopping... its PACKED, and mainly cos the malls have real good air conditioning !!

Its not as xmassy i think, compared to what we traditionally know as xmas, but then.. its different and ppl still love the festivities, gotta feel sorry for big fat buggers dressed as santa in oz but !
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:59 pm
Cobbalobs

grossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to allgrossenbol is a name known to all

I feel exactlt the same, got all the pressies etc but severely lacking in xmas spirit. I have been watching all the xmas movies u get at this time of year and has helped put me in the spirit of things a bit, mind u thats probably the alcoholic spirit side of things
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Invite everyone you know over, INSIST on formal evening dress everyone whinges at first then instead of just another dull barbie you have glitz, drag out the best glasses, buy bulk sparkly stuff, buy some moet and raffle it ( adds class ) our last years winner took it back to the bottlo and swapped it for beer tho Have party poolside but lit up with zillions of cheap white fairy lights and suddenly you have atmosphere and amazed aussies
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:19 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Live in the fridge and get someone to drizzle some water over you occasionally?

Maybe also get them to hand you a beer or two that has been out in the sun for a while.

You could even put up some pictures of Chavs Shopping on the inside of the door to recreate that special atmosphere of this magical time.

Downloading some crap programmes from the internet may also help ... get some vintage Noels Christmas House Party to really set the mood.
Attached Thumbnails Help needed to make my Brain think it is Christmas soon!!-chavette_shopping_small_framed.jpg  
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

new world new life new tradiditions...

however... i did bring with me several packs of film set type fake snow.... just add water and hey presto.... an unbelieveable bloody mess to spend the next 3 months cleaning out of the carpet... just like pine needles at home
Old Nov 24th 2007, 1:08 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

You could check this website on a daily basis....

www.isitchristmas.com

Old Nov 24th 2007, 4:37 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
gotta feel sorry for big fat buggers dressed as santa in oz but !
But what?

I miss that lingo but!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 10:13 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Invite everyone you know over, INSIST on formal evening dress everyone whinges at first then instead of just another dull barbie you have glitz, drag out the best glasses, buy bulk sparkly stuff, buy some moet and raffle it ( adds class ) our last years winner took it back to the bottlo and swapped it for beer tho Have party poolside but lit up with zillions of cheap white fairy lights and suddenly you have atmosphere and amazed aussies
That sounds like a good idea!!

We are having a HUGE New Years Eve Party starting to apnic how many saying they are coming, as didnt expect everyone to say yes!! Might get everyone to dress up Posh, and do this instead, could be good fun!!