Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed to find the right area

Help needed to find the right area

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:03 am
Just Joined

don100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help needed to find the right area

I will be moving to Brisbane early next year and would like to know which areas are considered to be "good" suburbs in which to live.

My partner and I have no family and would like to live within a 45 minute commute of Brisbane.

Ideally, we would like to spend between $300/400,000 on a home with around an acre of land.

Near the coast would be nice but I guess we do not have enough money for a property near the sea.

Any suggestions of areas would be most welcome.

Many thanks
Don
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 10:09 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help needed to find the right area

Originally Posted by don100
I will be moving to Brisbane early next year and would like to know which areas are considered to be "good" suburbs in which to live.

My partner and I have no family and would like to live within a 45 minute commute of Brisbane.

Ideally, we would like to spend between $300/400,000 on a home with around an acre of land.

Near the coast would be nice but I guess we do not have enough money for a property near the sea.

Many thanks
Don
This gets asked a fair bit. Hopefully, some of the prior posts here will help you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3696
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 11:12 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed to find the right area

Originally Posted by don100

Many thanks
Don
Hi Don,

the problem you might find is finding an acre of land within 45 mins commute to Brisbane and at the $300-400k price . Plenty $300-400K on smaller land within 45 mins & plenty more than 45 mins (usually about an hour or a bit over) for the price but you will struggle to find both together. Anyway, despite that, here are some of my suggestions -

Greenbank/Chambers Flat/Park Ridge/Munruben/Logan Village - these are south of the city, probably about an hour in commute times, most dont have town water, but you can get something quite reasonable for your budget. Public transport is virtually non existant.

Burpengary/Caboolture/Morayfield - north of the city about an hour commute, this area has the advantage of having a train into the city. It has some areas where you should be able to pick up something quite nice plus it has the advantage of having town water.

Karalee/Karana Downs/Mt Crosby - West of the city, so it gets bloody hot in summer :scared: , but you get quite a lot for your money. Also probably a bit over an hours commute by car, although you could drive into Ipswich & catch the train.

If you are really lucky you may get something in the Cashmere area for just over $400K, but I wouldnt be betting on it. Still worth looking though.

Unfortunately you wont get anything bayside, but Im sure that you will find something suitable in the ones Ive suggested .