Reload this Page >

Help needed for Brickie moving to brisbane

Help needed for Brickie moving to brisbane

Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

debbie76 will become famous soon enoughdebbie76 will become famous soon enough
Default Help needed for Brickie moving to brisbane

Hi,

Hoping to move out to brisbane later this year. A bit worried on the job front. Any advice would be greatly apprectiated, I have heard that a brickie is classed as a carpenter over there is that right? Do you have to be self employed or are there many jobs as an employed brickie. Do you have to supply on tools etc? Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:42 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed for Brickie moving to brisbane

Originally Posted by debbie76
Hi,

Hoping to move out to brisbane later this year. A bit worried on the job front. Any advice would be greatly apprectiated, I have heard that a brickie is classed as a carpenter over there is that right? Do you have to be self employed or are there many jobs as an employed brickie. Do you have to supply on tools etc? Thanks
Bricklayers and carpenters are two totally different trades.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Most brickies are going to have own tools and truck, think all do. Rate per day is about 280. If he gets a licence he can employ other men, but he takes all laibility for the work and insurance etc etc. Getting the contacts and continuity of work is the key to trade work here, basically no work no pay system, please be aware of that.

Also do a search on bricklaying threads, so much info in them, and a lot of its very honest.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:44 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Most brickies provide their own tools...Nails,nailguns,planes,panel saws...

Tip:whoever told you that a brickie is classed as a carpenter...ignore the idiot
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Hi,

I dont think it would be meant literally i think what is meant is in simple term
the roll and expectations in comparison to what thay term carpenter builder
who in general sets out and calculates the site and holds the responsibility for it In simple terms he will be expected to make decisions in regard to
setting out projects in a more responsible roll not unlike a carpenter who
in most cases runs the show
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:41 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Most brickies provide their own tools...Nails,nailguns,planes,panel saws...
Insert carpenters for brickies?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by stariston
I dont think it would be meant literally i think what is meant is in simple term
the roll and expectations in comparison to what thay term carpenter builder
who in general sets out and calculates the site and holds the responsibility for it In simple terms he will be expected to make decisions in regard to
setting out projects in a more responsible roll not unlike a carpenter who
in most cases runs the show
You mean Project Manager or Site Foreman?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:40 am
Kevin and Tracy

kevinandtracy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Help needed for Brickie moving to brisbane

I beleive there is plenty of work in Brisbane for good Brickies lots of house being built around the area, Coomera and the likes. Also a lot of work in the commercial sector to.
Good luck.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bloke
You mean Project Manager or Site Foreman?
Well yes most are from a carpentry background in some cases advance
through to the above and i think thay would expect the same from a
bricklayer

Ye see theres more to being a carpenter than a claw hammer and
a pretty face