Help needed!!

Old Aug 11th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

jacelynne is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help needed!!

Was after some help or advice pls?
We've just completed our medicals and we've been told by our agents that the visa (a skilled app) should be with us by the end of oct 2008.
I was wondering what others have done next? We plan to rent our house out over here, so no selling involved, but what we're really struggling with is when should we start looking for work and places to rent in aus? We plan to move to Perth and are validating our visas in april / may next year. We plan to move out in 2010. (Our dearest dog is 12 now and we don't want to move her away!)
Any hints, tips or advice would be much appreciated as we have been pondering the move for 3 years now and are almost there but very scared of taking the plunge!!! We def don't want to be among the 40% of immigrants to come home within the first 2 years!
Any advice welcome!

Many thanks

Jac & Scott
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Help needed!!

Hi and welcome to BE. You will find that everyone on here is very friendly and will give advice if they can.

When did you apply for your visa and was it paper based or e-lodged? This appears to make a difference in the time taken to be granted.

Kind regards and good luck

Lou xx
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

hi,
have spoke to agent who assures me i'll have my visa by the end of oct 08.
just wondering what to do next?

many thanks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 1:30 pm

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=jacelynne;6669134]Was after some help or advice pls?
We've just completed our medicals and we've been told by our agents that the visa (a skilled app) should be with us by the end of oct 2008.
I was wondering what others have done next? We plan to rent our house out over here, so no selling involved, but what we're really struggling with is when should we start looking for work and places to rent in aus? We plan to move to Perth and are validating our visas in april / may next year. We plan to move out in 2010. (Our dearest dog is 12 now and we don't want to move her away!)
Any hints, tips or advice would be much appreciated as we have been pondering the move for 3 years now and are almost there but very scared of taking the plunge!!! We def don't want to be among the 40% of immigrants to come home within the first 2 years!
Any advice welcome!

Many thanks

Firstly Hello and welcome.

If you are only coming to Aus to validate then you wont have any need to look for work or the rental market, well that depends on how long you are staying for firstly. I think you stated that you plan to move out in 2010, which is quiet a long way off. But whilst your validating you can get a good feel for which area you like the best and research the surroundings. It can be very daunting at first, but honestly once you have taken that intial step you wont look back.

Good luck & best wishes
Old Aug 12th 2008, 8:16 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacelynne
We def don't want to be among the 40% of immigrants to come home within the first 2 years!
Any advice welcome!

Many thanks

Jac & Scott
where did this figure come from ?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Zambia
where did this figure come from ?
the emigrate now paper....xxx
it hasn't put us off tho!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:32 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering how your agent can be so sure that your visa will be granted prior to October?
Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Help needed!!

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Just wondering how your agent can be so sure that your visa will be granted prior to October?
hi, the letter we recieved from adelaide, was instructing us to send everything before mid sept. our agent says it usually only takes about 4 wks from then?
is this not the case? Our agent hasn't been too crash hot before now!?!
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:12 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacelynne
hi, the letter we recieved from adelaide, was instructing us to send everything before mid sept. our agent says it usually only takes about 4 wks from then?
is this not the case? Our agent hasn't been too crash hot before now!?!
Unless your agent works at ASPC there is no way they can know if/when your visa will be granted. Just because your CO has given a deadline of mid September doesn't mean that your visa will be granted 4 weeks later. It could take days or months, depending on each set of circumstances.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Help needed!!

Unless your agent works at ASPC there is no way they can know if/when your visa will be granted. Just because your CO has given a deadline of mid September doesn't mean that your visa will be granted 4 weeks later. It could take days or months, depending on each set of circumstances.
really? i had no idea! I am just about to book flights over there aswell, so thanks for telling me! Think i had better wait!
I wasn't even aware that we had a CO, we've had no response or guidance through al of this from anyone. Is this generally how it works?
We completed our meds this morning so am taking we should have the visa before next spring, but could this ot be the case? Do you know people who have waited longer?

thanks
x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:06 pm
Still alive

You should really be asking your agent about these things. But, if you got a letter from Adelaide asking you for information then you have a case officer. And yes, I do know people who have waited a long time. Take a look at the "Feb 2006" thread. Professional Princess applied same day I did...2 Feb 2006 and was granted her visa 19 months later. Saying that, she was an exceptional case. The majority of visas are granted within 8-12 months but there is always a chance it could be longer.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Help needed!!

You should really be asking your agent about these things. But, if you got a letter from Adelaide asking you for information then you have a case officer. And yes, I do know people who have waited a long time. Take a look at the "Feb 2006" thread. Professional Princess applied same day I did...2 Feb 2006 and was granted her visa 19 months later. Saying that, she was an exceptional case. The majority of visas are granted within 8-12 months but there is always a chance it could be longer.
thanks for all the advice, i'll keep you posted on whats happening!
fingers crossed...x