Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed ....!?

Help needed ....!?

Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:54 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice
Smile Help needed ....!?

Hi, my husband, daughter (aged 2) and I want to move to Brisbane ASAP. I have family there. We are not sure how to go about. My experience is in admin so that is not on the skills list. My husband is in sales - he could go under sales representative but has no qualifications to back this up although he has over 10 years experience. We thought about him studying in Australia to gain a diploma in business (marketing) which would then enable him to apply under the sales rep on list - do you think this is a good idea? Can we then apply in Oz once he has gained diploma for perm residency??? Or if he studied for 2 years does that automatically enable us to apply for perm residency??? Can anyone answer this for me?

Thx, S
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:58 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help needed ....!?

Originally Posted by sarahl322
Hi, my husband, daughter (aged 2) and I want to move to Brisbane ASAP. I have family there. We are not sure how to go about. My experience is in admin so that is not on the skills list. My husband is in sales - he could go under sales representative but has no qualifications to back this up although he has over 10 years experience. We thought about him studying in Australia to gain a diploma in business (marketing) which would then enable him to apply under the sales rep on list - do you think this is a good idea? Can we then apply in Oz once he has gained diploma for perm residency??? Or if he studied for 2 years does that automatically enable us to apply for perm residency??? Can anyone answer this for me?

Thx, S
hi me and my wife and two sons have just started the process and are also looking to go to brisbane as her brother lives there.I to have the problem of no trade qualifications but have nine yrs exp in my job (printer) so we know how you feel.We have registered with an agent and they have given some good advice.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:06 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

sarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nicesarahl322 is just really nice

Can I ask what agent??? I am finding the whole process soooo confusing especially as when you get to OZ you don't even have to work as the trade you applied under its ridiculous. It helps with family in Brisbane cos they are running around trying to find things out for us.

When are you planning on going if all goes according to plan?

Originally Posted by jon&kate
hi me and my wife and two sons have just started the process and are also looking to go to brisbane as her brother lives there.I to have the problem of no trade qualifications but have nine yrs exp in my job (printer) so we know how you feel.We have registered with an agent and they have given some good advice.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:14 am
jon&a mp;kate

jon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud ofjon&kate has much to be proud of

Can I ask what agent??? I am finding the whole process soooo confusing especially as when you get to OZ you don't even have to work as the trade you applied under its ridiculous. It helps with family in Brisbane cos they are running around trying to find things out for us.

When are you planning on going if all goes according to plan?
we are using the migration bureau they have offices in the uk but you then get assigned an agent in New Zealand.we have just got ours and have just got our skills forms through to send to the TRA in oz.the agent fees are around 2500-3000 pounds plus the cost of your visa.we had to pay 950 pounds and then we will get a bill monthly depending on what work they do so some months we will pay nothing if we or they are waiting for documents to come back.we hope to go at the earliest chance so maybe 9-12 months time so maybe we will see you out there.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:35 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Have you got enough points to go under the General skilled visa type or do you need to obtain qualifications? Do you think the studying option is worthwhile?

we are using the migration bureau they have offices in the uk but you then get assigned an agent in New Zealand.we have just got ours and have just got our skills forms through to send to the TRA in oz.the agent fees are around 2500-3000 pounds plus the cost of your visa.we had to pay 950 pounds and then we will get a bill monthly depending on what work they do so some months we will pay nothing if we or they are waiting for documents to come back.we hope to go at the earliest chance so maybe 9-12 months time so maybe we will see you out there.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:45 am
jon&a mp;kate

Thumbs up Re: Help needed ....!?

Have you got enough points to go under the General skilled visa type or do you need to obtain qualifications? Do you think the studying option is worthwhile?
i have been told that due to the fact i have been doing my job for nine yrs it is classed as my trade.Not sure about your husband though.My wife is also in admin but this job is not on skills list unless you are a manager.Also another avenue is a sponser from your family out there.The best advice i can give is to contact an agent and they will go through it with you and at the end of the day it costs nothing for the advice.We talked about it for over 2 yrs and omly now are we getting the ball rolling.There are so many visa's its worth calling for the advice. good luck anyway.and keep in touch.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

i have been told that due to the fact i have been doing my job for nine yrs it is classed as my trade.Not sure about your husband though.My wife is also in admin but this job is not on skills list unless you are a manager.Also another avenue is a sponser from your family out there.The best advice i can give is to contact an agent and they will go through it with you and at the end of the day it costs nothing for the advice.We talked about it for over 2 yrs and omly now are we getting the ball rolling.There are so many visa's its worth calling for the advice. good luck anyway.and keep in touch.
I agree, the advice of an agent is invaluable to determine what you can apply for and what you can't if you are unsure. You do not need to actually employ them to get the initial advice. Although in my opinion they are brilliant and I would use one for the assessment part of the application if I had to do it again.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:17 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! didn't know migration agents charge that much!!!

best of luck with your application guys!

Jackie x
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:19 am
Bexleyheath to Brisbane

Thanks for your replies - I have a couple of agents calling me next week (they are based in Australia figured they would have first hand info!).

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

Jackie x
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

Jackie x
I know they are bit steep. Ours cost £1900 + vat and I thought that was bad
Old Mar 29th 2006, 9:23 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose its worth it though, for peace of mind. They know the process very well and can take the strain off you