British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Help Needed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/help-needed-347644/)

DAARA Jan 11th 2006 11:11 am

Help Needed

Can anyone help. I am 18 and emigrated over with my folks just over a year ago.
Whilst traveling over East 6 months ago I met my girlfriend (18), whos on a years working visa from England.
Here goes - can anyone advise if there is anyway that she can get a permanant visa. We have been looking at student visas but they are just too much money.
If anyone can help I would be really grateful as don't know what we're gonna do if she has to go back.

Cheers

Dave :confused:

kris maynard Jan 11th 2006 11:27 am

Re: Help Needed

Originally Posted by DAARA
Whilst traveling over East 6 months ago I met my girlfriend (18), whos on a years working visa from England.
Here goes - can anyone advise if there is anyway that she can get a permanant visa. We have been looking at student visas but they are just too much money.
If anyone can help I would be really grateful as don't know what we're gonna do if she has to go back.

Cheers

Hi Darra

Try posting this in the immigration forum you may get more help!! ;)

Kris x

gazza321 Jan 13th 2006 10:35 am

Come on there must be someone who can help!

Cheers

Jonahs_mummy Jan 13th 2006 11:45 am

Cheers

What about extending the working visa... is that possible??????? Or get her to do a years working in NZ maybe ... once you are a citizen maybe you could sponsor her as prospective spouse........ hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Prob think immigration forum could advise better

JAJ Jan 13th 2006 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
... once you are a citizen maybe you could sponsor her as prospective spouse........

You don't have to be a citizen to sponsor for a fiance visa - permanent resident status is enough provided you're living in Australia.

Jeremy

Jonahs_mummy Jan 14th 2006 7:34 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
You don't have to be a citizen to sponsor for a fiance visa - permanent resident status is enough provided you're living in Australia.

Jeremy

Well there you go Jeremy! Maybe you have just made his day!
Claire
x