Help needed

Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:44 am
Just Joined

HILL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed

Hi all,

I would firstly like to say how useful this site is, I have been addicted to it for a number of weeks and have had a lot of questions answered from reading some of your threads.

I’m in a bit of a dilemma; Myself and my fiancé have been planning to migrate to Australia since December last year. I have researched all the information and have spoken to a number of agents. We ended up in a bit of a pickle in January when we signed up with an agent who ended up ripping me off, it was just by happens that after reading some comments on this site I found out that he was done for fraud. Anyhow I’m currently in discussions with two well recommended agents as I believe my case needs some guidance.

I am 23 years old and work as a customer service co-ordinator and have done for the past 5 years. My fiancé is 25 and works as a police officer. After reading the SOL list back in December and speaking to one of the agents they advised me to try the 3292-11 Project/Program administrator, this has been the basis of the visa. As I needed an equivalent to an AQF diploma., I have just finished two NVQ’s in Customer service (Level 4) and Business Administration (Level 3) and have sent my details to VETASSESS to be assessed. Do you think this will be enough?

My concern is whether I will be able to get the 5 points for the work experience, and whether DIMIA will except this job description. I have asked my manager if she can write me a reference based on the tasks involved, and to be honest I think it is pretty near to what I currently do at the moment. What other information will they request (specifics) I have also been advised to look at the Quality assurance manager, but I understand this requires a bachelor’s degree, I can’t see my NVQ’s being equivalent to that do you?

My sister is going to act as a sponsor for us as she has just received her residency; she lives in Brisbane so I don’t think we can get the designated sponsor visa.

Please could someone help me, as we thought it would be straight forward after the VETASSESS Part, and were even thinking about selling our house and moving in with my parents to save extra money as we thought we could get a visa by next June/July (if all went well?)

I would appreciate anyone’s help or guidance as I think I’m going to go mad over the weekend thinking about this.

Thanks
Old Jun 17th 2005, 12:53 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help needed

First of all, welcome to the loony bin.

Secondly, sorry can't help you but wanted to wish you well.

Obviously this is a brilliant site full of fantastic info and characters. Although most people float about different forums, you may find more help on the immigration site.

Also if you are using a reputable agent this time, they should be prepared to answer any question you have.

Anyway, hope you find your way through the maze and try not to get too addicted to the BE world.
Old Jun 17th 2005, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough

Hello and welcome,

I believe NVQ3 is equivilant to the AQF Diploma so you should be okay on passing the Vetassess part of the process (hope that cheers up your weekend )

Sorry I can't help you on the work experience part but hopefully some-one else on here can help.

All the best
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:51 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I can't help but if you need a good agent there are plenty of recommendations on here.

Such as

www.gomatilda.com
www.overseas-emigration.co.uk
http://www.austimmigration.com.au

Good Luck
Old Jun 17th 2005, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Hi

I also don't know the answer but have you considered your fiance applying as the main applicant - somebody here will tell you if this is feasible