Reload this Page >

help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

tessie is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi all,
been looking at emigating to nz for awhile now,got lots of info and advice but (theres always a but)cant help feeling we could be worse off re;salary,housing,etc;i know people leave uk for different reasons and ours would be a more laid back lifestyle we are not wealthy by any means but we are fairly comfortable the only capital we will have is the proceeds from our house sale (about £50,000) we will still have to work no matter where we go. has anyone any info on salary (mental health nurse);houses and general cost of living in australia not decided on particular area as yet,but perth looks interesting.

many thanks sandra
Old Aug 29th 2004, 4:18 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you had a look here http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...e=2&TextOnly=0
Old Aug 29th 2004, 4:48 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tessie
hi all,
been looking at emigating to nz for awhile now,got lots of info and advice but (theres always a but)cant help feeling we could be worse off re;salary,housing,etc;i know people leave uk for different reasons and ours would be a more laid back lifestyle we are not wealthy by any means but we are fairly comfortable the only capital we will have is the proceeds from our house sale (about £50,000) we will still have to work no matter where we go. has anyone any info on salary (mental health nurse);houses and general cost of living in australia not decided on particular area as yet,but perth looks interesting.

many thanks sandra
Hi Tess,

We are in a very similar situation, we are emigrating with about £50,000.00 cash as well.
I've quite a bit of research (particularly on here) and it appears that some things are more expensive and some are less expensive, and when you compare them to the average Oz wages, the cost of living is very similar to the Uk.
What you need to decide is whether the positive and negative aspects of life in Oz will still provide a better standard of living to you personally - than the life you currently have in the UK. If so, then emigrating is definitely for you.
We are emigrating with the knowledge that the grass is not always greener on the other side and that Oz has it's negative issues, the same as any country does. God Kong would be proud of me!! (Kong's posts on here always try hard to make everyone realise that Oz is not just about big houses, beautiful beaches and BBQ's).
Do a few searches on here for issues that particulalry interest you and you'll be surprised the amount of info you'll get.
Good Luck!!!!
Shell
Old Aug 29th 2004, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

tessie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks all, will do more research into australia,going to london in oct for nz expo. will see what comes of it.

many thanks once again