Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help needed - 20 year old entrepreneur - What are my chances?

Help needed - 20 year old entrepreneur - What are my chances?

Old Jul 1st 2006, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help needed - 20 year old entrepreneur - What are my chances?

Hi,

How would i go about emmigrating to Australia.

I'm 20
Education:
GCSES
A Levels
1 year at a red-brick University.

I also own my own web design business and clothes distribution business. Fully registered.

I love travelling and would really like to get out of this country.

I have cousins in Australia. Would that help?

Thanks,

Rich
Old Jul 1st 2006, 9:43 pm
MACCA

cmac will become famous soon enoughcmac will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Help needed - 20 year old entrepreneur - What are my chances?

If You Are That Clever And Modest,and Flash, Work It Out For Yourself.
Old Jul 1st 2006, 9:52 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichP
Hi,

Rich
Look in the emmigration section mate

Your age should help at least get you a 2 year visa to travel and evaluate Oz.

Building a business should also be easy - just pop out of the country ie asia or NZ and then revisit.

Keep your OHeads low and utilise your web to the max

Good Luck for your ventures

Kiwi
Old Jul 1st 2006, 10:09 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Superb

Originally Posted by cmac
Old Jul 1st 2006, 11:33 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Very harsh. Not everyone aspires to be mediocre at such a young age.

Good on you RichP. Perhaps you shoud consider professional advice from an agent or post in the immigration section where some clever agent types often help.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

geordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond reputegeordie downunder has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichP
Hi,

I'm 20
Education:
GCSES
A Levels
1 year at a red-brick University.

I also own my own web design business and clothes distribution business. Fully registered.

I love travelling and would really like to get out of this country.

I have cousins in Australia. Would that help?

Thanks,

Rich
Unless things have changed you should be able to get a working holiday visa for a lot of countries around the world.A uk passport enables you to work throughout the EEC.The immigration sites for most countries should tell you if they have an agreement for young people to have working holiday visas,from memory US,canada,OZ,Japan have such agreements,I think you need to be under 30.A round the world ticket can be the best way to do it but some immigration officials can be power mad and follow every rule rather than look at it as a young man setting out on an adventure. To emigrate to Oz the DIMIA web site should give you details,don't know how much it costs now,when i came here just had to pay for medicals and a one way airfare,just after they stopped the 10 pound poms. Wish I was 20 again,lucky bastard,hope it all comes off for you,travel is a wonderful education,Good Luck
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:25 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geordie downunder
Unless things have changed you should be able to get a working holiday visa for a lot of countries around the world.A uk passport enables you to work throughout the EEC.The immigration sites for most countries should tell you if they have an agreement for young people to have working holiday visas,from memory US,canada,OZ,Japan have such agreements,I think you need to be under 30.A round the world ticket can be the best way to do it but some immigration officials can be power mad and follow every rule rather than look at it as a young man setting out on an adventure. To emigrate to Oz the DIMIA web site should give you details,don't know how much it costs now,when i came here just had to pay for medicals and a one way airfare,just after they stopped the 10 pound poms. Wish I was 20 again,lucky bastard,hope it all comes off for you,travel is a wonderful education,Good Luck

I had a working hol visa years ago and it allows you to stay for a year. Back then you needed 1000 UK pounds in your bank account (my parents transferred it in and I got a statement, and then I transferred it out again - sadly!) It might be different now.
I had a great year and did a massive amount of travelling which allowed me to get a real taster of the country before I decided about emigration, which is much more of a drastic move.
I would recommend this to you although do have a close look at what you are allowed to do on a working holiday visa because the restrictions can be constricting .... it might not be the right avenue for you.
Have a good look at your options but really, you seem to be a bright cookie who's obviously outgoing and extremely capable and I think you'll do extremely well here. Aus is very good to small businesses and there's certainly always space for people like yourself.

If you do come over, and you're up our way, I'd be more than happy to show you round or lend you a room for a bit.

Good luck.

iPom
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Superb

Superb?

Christ, standards are low. Arrogant and shite imo.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:08 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure your right. My standards dropped after too much

Originally Posted by iPom
Superb?

Christ, standards are low. Arrogant and shite imo.
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:12 am
Account Closed

I'm sure your right. My standards dropped after too much

LOL - time to cut back then...
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:22 am
Look at moi!!!

My head would agree with you this morning :scared:

Originally Posted by iPom
LOL - time to cut back then...
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 8:45 am
Account Closed

My head would agree with you this morning :scared:

Oh heck, if you can't get a hangover on a weekend, when can you?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 10:43 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

We are going on an entrepreneur/invistor visa(136 I think). You should be able to get one of those I would have thought?
Old Jul 2nd 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

RichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of lightRichP is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I plan to get the 2 year Visa by January 2007 and set off asap.

Hopefully i'd be able to get a bar job to pay the rent and meet people whilst building on business opportunities in Aus.

iPom - Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know in due course!

thebears - Thanks for the advice.

Last edited by RichP; Jul 2nd 2006 at 7:23 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

jdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud ofjdt3000 has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Help needed - 20 year old entrepreneur - What are my chances?

I sense jealousy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.