Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

help on moving to Oz

help on moving to Oz

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

cq32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help on moving to Oz

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice... im a british nurse currently living and working in Malta and my self my partner and my children are wishing to move to Australia next yr. THe thing is we cant decide on where to go....we were thinking about Brisbane or Melbourne but along the coast as i love to be somewhere quiet but close to the sea. ANy ideas? Ive tried searching the net but as yet havent come up with any results and thought it would be better to ask advice from someone who's already there? Im a theatre nurse and my partner is training to be a chef. Hope someone can give us some advice
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 6:44 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help on moving to Oz

Originally posted by cq32
I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice... im a british nurse currently living and working in Malta and my self my partner and my children are wishing to move to Australia next yr. THe thing is we cant decide on where to go....we were thinking about Brisbane or Melbourne but along the coast as i love to be somewhere quiet but close to the sea. ANy ideas? Ive tried searching the net but as yet havent come up with any results and thought it would be better to ask advice from someone who's already there? Im a theatre nurse and my partner is training to be a chef. Hope someone can give us some advice
Welcome aboard CQ.
I can't help from experience as I'm still in UK but we hope to go to Melbourne area. Like what we've seen on line and on tv recently.
By all accounts it's not as harsh a climate as other parts of OZ. By that I mean not the continuous baking hot weather. Of course you may want that !
Anyway lets see what the experts say and by answering your question now I have kept it up the top of the list.