Help! Medicals

Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough
Default Help! Medicals

Dear all

Can anybody help me with the below!!

I went for my medical last night as I’m front loading my application (Visa 139 designated area) - which are apparantly going through quite quickly at the moment.
However the hospital told me they had received instruction in the last week that they weren’t to give any medical stuff out but were to send it straight to Adelaide. However Adelaide won’t have a clue who I am as they don’t have my application yet – can anybody advise as I don't know what to do?

Thanks everybody and Merry Christmas

Jayne
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

If you look at Part E on the form, you first fill out your address. The second question asks if you have sent your application in. If you tick NO, the first option is for the Dr/Rad to send it to the address above. Thats what is on the form in front of me now - but of course things may have changed.

Muzzman
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Happy hammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jayne, I have just gone through the process of getting my visa,also on a subclass 139. when i had the x rays done i took them to the doctor as he wanted to see them as well while he was doing our medicals. Al the medicals were sent off by him. Also do you know that the doctor has to be a panel doctor that is on the dimia list . once you get to the stage of then asking for you to get your police checks and meds etc..it is quite quick from that stage.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Thanks very much for your help!

The problem is as I'm front loading the application the rest hasn't gone off yet so I don't know how it works as I assumed I'd be able to attach sealed medical envelope with results and police checks and send the lot to dimia.

So I'm a bit stuck!

But yes my doctor was a panel doctor so at least that's ok!!
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Jayne..if you are trying to get things done fast, you might want to get your police checks done as well. But if you get your visa approved you will have to enter oz a year after your police checks were done.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Police checks are being done at the mo. I'm trying to speed things up and hope to get an answer and be there for summer.
I've been told 139's are being processed pretty quick at the mo so here's hoping.
How long has yours been?
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

From posting or migration forms to getting the visa in the passports it was 8 months. Not bad at all if you read some of the other posts on here you start to feel lucky some people wait for years where are you heading for and where from