Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help Me! Will I Get On The Plane?

Help Me! Will I Get On The Plane?

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Help Me! Will I Get On The Plane?

I am booked to fly to the Gold Coast on Jan 21st and my bottle is definately going. This is not the first time I've been in this position, was booked to go this time last year and cancelled at the last minute so just visited the place again and I loved it just as much at the first time we visited, so we've rented our home out this time and I thought I'd feel much more positive but again those anxiety attacks are back with a vengence. Has anybody else been this worried? my husband will definately kill me If I cancel again but I'm scared that I get there and want to come straight home. Why am I like this? I was soo exited then all of a sudden sheer panic has taken over. To all of you who have been in this position please give words of comfort.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:03 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Help Me! Will I Get On The Plane?

just get yourself over here. if it doesn't work out, you can head back. really, you need to make it over, if only to convince yourself its the right move.

Originally Posted by honeybob
I am booked to fly to the Gold Coast on Jan 21st and my bottle is definately going. This is not the first time I've been in this position, was booked to go this time last year and cancelled at the last minute so just visited the place again and I loved it just as much at the first time we visited, so we've rented our home out this time and I thought I'd feel much more positive but again those anxiety attacks are back with a vengence. Has anybody else been this worried? my husband will definately kill me If I cancel again but I'm scared that I get there and want to come straight home. Why am I like this? I was soo exited then all of a sudden sheer panic has taken over. To all of you who have been in this position please give words of comfort.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 5:28 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Are you moving from Perth to the GC? Don't worry hunny all will be great!

Claire
xxx
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a grip and get yer arse over here wummin..............................see if ave got tae come and get ye!!!!!!!!!

Only way your gonna know if you have done the right thing is to go for it, youve only rented your house out, so if u dont like, then you can always return, and at least you can say..'Well at least I tried"

Take care, chill enjoy chrissy, and get yer butt over here next year

H

xx
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:52 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

JUST DO IT! You will regret forever otherwise.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive cancelled holidays in the past coz I was terrified of flying Im not so bad now, just try not to think about the flight at all! I know it sounds impossible but youll be fine.
(Oh and a few happy tablets off the doc worked their magic)
Good Luck
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:22 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future

Go for it, don't worry about it
Old Dec 4th 2005, 5:09 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Take a deep breath and think to yourself about the adventure you are about to have. After all if you've rented out your house then you haven't got much to loose by going. See what its like once you're there. You'll be ok
Old Dec 4th 2005, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hi!

Better to regret the things you did, than the things you didn't. I can't think of anything worse than looking back in 20 yrs time and thinking "What if......????"

You can always go back home if things don't go to plan, as you've only rented the house, so go for it.

My husband takes 10-20mg diazepam (Valium) to fly anywhere - get them from your GP and float over!

Good luck. Look forward to reading your post when you've landed,

Jo x
Old Dec 5th 2005, 11:33 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Hi!

Better to regret the things you did, than the things you didn't. I can't think of anything worse than looking back in 20 yrs time and thinking "What if......????"

You can always go back home if things don't go to plan, as you've only rented the house, so go for it.

My husband takes 10-20mg diazepam (Valium) to fly anywhere - get them from your GP and float over!

Good luck. Look forward to reading your post when you've landed,

Jo x
Um... Valium is highly addictive and can make some people very aggressive and anxious believe it or not. I hope you were kidding when you recommended it.

Honeybob, I must have missed something, because I didn't know you were thinking of relocating, or have I got the wrong end of the stick? Drop me a line if you want to chat, as it's been a while.

Take care,
Tony.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 11:39 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Jo x
That is a hell of a dose, and as has been said quite correctly, is highly addictive.

Perhaps a herbal remedy could be tried if necessary - they can be very effective without the unwanted side-effects.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
That is a hell of a dose, and as has been said quite correctly, is highly addictive.

Perhaps a herbal remedy could be tried if necessary - they can be very effective without the unwanted side-effects.
Hello All,

Yep, I hear what you're saying, but it works for my husband - just. Believe it or not, he's still tense after taking it, and doesn't sleep, but without it.....lets just say he's a nightmare and can be embarrassing. When hitting some particularly nasty turbulance, when even the air stewards had to sit down, my husband could be heard announcing our deaths to everyone with a teeny bit of swearing too " beep beep we're going to die..." etc etc. I kid you not!

Whilst I wouldn't reccommend it for regular use (it is indeed diazepam that thousands of housewives became addicted to some years ago) if you're really phobic, and herbal remedies don't help, then try it. My husband's friend also has diazepam from his GP for flying, though he has a smaller dose as he's not quite so bad. As we don't fly frequently, then it's addictive properties are not an issue. They only come out of the cupboard a few times a year.

I wasn't suggesting you take it regularly for any emigration anxiety, just to help you get on the plane and through the flight - wouldn't want a rep for promoting drug usage!!!

Best wishes everyone x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:33 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Yep, I hear what you're saying, but it works for my husband - just. Believe it or not, he's still tense after taking it, and doesn't sleep, but without it.....lets just say he's a nightmare and can be embarrassing. When hitting some particularly nasty turbulance, when even the air stewards had to sit down, my husband could be heard announcing our deaths to everyone with a teeny bit of swearing too " beep beep we're going to die..." etc etc. I kid you not!

Whilst I wouldn't reccommend it for regular use (it is indeed diazepam that thousands of housewives became addicted to some years ago) if you're really phobic, and herbal remedies don't help, then try it. My husband's friend also has diazepam from his GP for flying, though he has a smaller dose as he's not quite so bad. As we don't fly frequently, then it's addictive properties are not an issue. They only come out of the cupboard a few times a year.

I wasn't suggesting you take it regularly for any emigration anxiety, just to help you get on the plane and through the flight - wouldn't want a rep for promoting drug usage!!!

Best wishes everyone x
As a former diazepam junkie for 33 years, who would never touch another for anything, can I recommend homoeopathic argentum nitricum (arg. nit.). It is regularly used for terror of flying - all sorts of terrors, actually. Absolutely no side effects at all.

Sue
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Invest in a course or a book on overcoming fear of flying - lots will come up in Google, Amazon etc.

OzTennis
Old Dec 7th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We're in the same position over here too, just trying to get over there want to it soo much but my hubbie is the same as you what if we go and its all goes belly up, we are gonna rent our place out here so if we dont like it we can hopefully come back.....

Just bloody go for it and if you wanna meet up for a chat about the big move, I would be grateful for a few tips,........and i'll give you the encouragement to go lol

Kath

PS and if my 15 year old can fly all the way back to the UK on her own and she is scared stiff of flying you can to.....go for it girl!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.