Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HELP ME PLEASE! Roofing TRA skills assessment SOL

HELP ME PLEASE! Roofing TRA skills assessment SOL

Old Jan 3rd 2007, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

kurrikurri is on a distinguished road
Default HELP ME PLEASE! Roofing TRA skills assessment SOL

Please can you help me. My husband is a roof tiler/slater by trade, passing his apprenticeship many years ago, although this was work based and he does not have a certificate, he has a letter from his employer who did the work based apprenticeship confirming that he did all the training and continued working, totally 9.5 years. My husband is in the process of self employment with roofing work again and working for a local roofing firm before applying to go into Australia as a roofer, after being working in other fields for the past few years.

Is is correct that he will have to do a skilled assessment test by the TRA before we can apply? Does he have to go to Australia to do this and how do we apply before we lodge our application? Can anyone please give us some information? We cannot download or view any of the 1121i forms on the immi site, so we are unsure of the procedure.:scared:
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:30 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP ME PLEASE! Roofing TRA skills assessment SOL

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...itiatives/TRA/

try this website for starters....it should shed some light on your query.

If you are applying for Permanent Residency, your husband will need to have his skills assessed by the TRA in order for you to make an application with the immigration department. Once you have a positive outcome with the TRA, you can then apply for your visa - you do not have to come to Australia to complete the TRA skills assessment.

Claire
Old Jan 4th 2007, 1:33 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP ME PLEASE! Roofing TRA skills assessment SOL

You might want to consider posting this thread in the immigration section of this forum - you may have more replies there to your query.

Thanks,
Claire